Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Clear White Head Lighting!!!

Old 01-02-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
08Tacoma is on a distinguished road
08Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Clear White Head Lighting!!!

Can someone help me out with these!!

I want to get that clear white lights for my 08 Tacoma, for the headlights and fog lights also, but I don't know wish are the bulbs that I need, can someone help me out please??

Thanks.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I think people have been taking apart the headlamps and pulling the amber lens out.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:34 AM   #3
I am talking about the light bulbs, I want the light to be clear!!!

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:43 AM   #4
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Try Sylvania Silver Stars. I think those are more of a white. I have them in my car, but the lenses are kinda yellowed so it's hard to tell. They did make the headlights brighter and less yellow-ish though!
Old 01-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #5
Does someone know a site where I can get them online!!

Thanks.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:51 PM   #6
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bought mine (for the car) at Wal-Mart. Now sure if they have the size used by the truck. I know I had to get the fog's at Auto-zone.

Try autozone.com, checkers, parts america, maybe summittracing or JCwhitney.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:29 PM   #7
Ok Thanks..

I have another question I hope someone knows about it. When I am driving at night with lights on, all the people think that I have my High Lights on, and they always switch lights at me, I am thinking that this might be because of the 2.5" front coil spacers that I installed in my truck.

Does someone knows how can I get my lights as they were before the lift???
Old 01-02-2008, 03:36 PM   #8
Devout Atheist

Did you put anything in the back for lift? Maybe the front is higher than the rear directing the beam upwards. I have a 3" lift, and 2" larger tires. Being 4" taller than stock I still do not get flashed. I would see if your truck sits level before messing with the lights. Other wise I believe you can aim them down. The dealer or another shop can do it, or you can do it. There's a wheel to turn, but I've never messed with it myself.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:07 PM   #9
Yeah, the front is a litle bit higer, I think I better take it to the dealer, so I wont messed up!!

I did't get it phantom, thanks for your input anyway!!!

Thanks.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #10
Devout Atheist

What parts of the toytec 2.5" lift did you install? If you have a .5" top spacer you might be able to remove that to level the truck.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:36 AM   #11
Ok phantom, I got it know bud, I'll do it tonight. Thanks bud'

And piercedtiger, what I got is just the front coil spacers, thats all!!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:32 AM   #12
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Tacoma View Post
Ok phantom, I got it know bud, I'll do it tonight. Thanks bud'

And piercedtiger, what I got is just the front coil spacers, thats all!!
That's probably the problem. You didn't get the AAL or block for the rear. Do you have the rear leaf TSB done? If so, you still need a 1" block I believe to level it with the 3" front spacers.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:38 AM   #13
Actually is just a litle bit higher in the front, because when you get it stock, the rear is always higher than the front, that is why I got the spacers and I like it how it looks like that is not a lot the difference between the front and the back.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:43 AM   #14
Devout Atheist

Then you could probably take out the .5" spacer from the front. You can adjust your headlights, but do you have fog lights? Because you can't adjust those and they will be angled slightly upwards towards peoples' faces too. It's better to level the truck, IMO.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:04 AM   #15
dbbd1 is on a distinguished road

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Then you could probably take out the .5" spacer from the front. You can adjust your headlights, but do you have fog lights? Because you can't adjust those and they will be angled slightly upwards towards peoples' faces too. It's better to level the truck, IMO.

You can adjust the fogs, done it. I believe a 10mm socket (maybe 8mm) on the end of the gear-looking thingey. The gear-looking thingey looks just like the headlight adjustment thingey but the dished-out area is bigger, so you cannot just use a philips screwdriver, I even tried a #3 philips but the socket on the end of it worked.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:07 AM   #16
dbbd1 is on a distinguished road

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
FYI, though, the fogs are H10 size and the heads are H4

(I am pretty sure about that, anyone vouch for this? doing it from memory)
Old 01-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #17
Ok I am going to try to adjust fog lights and headlights and see whats up..

Thanks guys..you guys r awesome!!
Old 01-03-2008, 11:19 AM   #18
Devout Atheist

hmmmm.... My fogs are just snapped in with plastic tabs... No adjusting that I could see.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:47 PM   #19
That's awesome sir, I appreciate it!!!

Great document!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #20
beondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of light

beondwacko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd1 View Post
FYI, though, the fogs are H10 size and the heads are H4

(I am pretty sure about that, anyone vouch for this? doing it from memory)

Yep..............Those are correct.

Not that I'm a grammer instructor or anything but what I think this dim bulb is asking for would be an HID set up. Could you just imagine how the people would be flashing him if he had 6K or 8K HID lamps in that truck?