Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Warranty and lift ??

Old 01-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #1
Trackmaster is on a distinguished road
Trackmaster's Tacoma Gallery
Warranty and lift ??

Can you put on a lift and not void your warranty. I am thinking no more than 2.5" just wanting to level it out. Make it sit up a little higher. Supposed to have the tsb done on it next week. 2006 4x4 TRD 4 door Tacoma. Thanks
Old 01-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Due to laws (federal I think) they have to prove the mod caused the damage before voiding your warranty.

They can't void your exhaust/emissions warranty for putting on a lift for example... If you snap a drive shaft.... Maybe. I had my front differential replaced under warranty and they never mentioned my lift or bigger tires.

Heck, I even had a Toyota rep authorize them to reglue the support braces on my hood under warranty even though I have hood struts installed.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:47 AM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
google Magnsson-Moss Warranty Act
Old 01-03-2008, 05:09 AM   #4
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Actually try this one: Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act
Old 01-03-2008, 05:57 PM   #5
Trackmaster is on a distinguished road
Trackmaster's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for the info.