1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for info and opinions on front bumpers

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TL697, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Aug 23, 2009 at 8:28 PM
    TL697

TL697 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC SB 4x4 TRD Offroad Magnetic Grey Met
    I'm leaning towards one of these unpainted w/o the hoop...

I'm wondering if it accepts the stock fog lights?

I can't afford the $1000+ bumpers that most are selling...

2. Aug 24, 2009 at 4:25 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Have an A.P. on mine, some people have had issues with bolting the thing together and placement on the truck. We had to do a little playing with it, to get it to bolt together and get the fit I want.
    The stock lights won't fit, at least not that I know of. Most guys go with a set of Piaa's.
    Their are a number of people that make the style of bumper you are looking for, but some of them have a long wait time. And you will have to deal with truck freight. Look in the builds thread and read some peoples rides, you will get a ton of ideas and then you can make your choice.
    Good Luck

3. Aug 24, 2009 at 4:41 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    All Pro is good stuff.

FWIW...If you have found another bumper that you like more but it's too much $$...Save up and get what you want.
    Putting another piece on there just to have a bumper means somewhere down the road you are going to try and pull that one off and get the one you wanted in the first place. Doing it the "right way" (the way you want it) the first time will be cheaper in the long run- even if it does take a bit longer.

Products Discussed in

To Top