Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What A Deal!!!!!

Old 01-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #1
sataco is on a distinguished road

Army: Infantry Scout then mechanic
sataco's Tacoma Gallery
What A Deal!!!!!

found out today that a pep boys next to my house was closing so i went to check it out. i got an AVS Bugflector for my taco---$16.49 normally $49.99
and a pair of superwhite bulbs for $10.99 normally $39.99. found out the last day is saturday so i have to go back on friday..
Old 01-03-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Stock up on your favorite oil and filters !
Old 01-03-2008, 05:10 PM   #4
gegundez will become famous soon enough
gegundez's Tacoma Gallery
Look for a cover.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:57 PM   #5

sataco's Tacoma Gallery
finally got my bugflector installed and got some pics
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...ium/taco51.jpg
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...ium/taco61.jpg
Old 01-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #6
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sataco View Post
I have the AVS installed on my truck also. I like the look. Did you find it kinda hard to install? I was unable to get all the screws in (5 of 6) and a couple others took a lot of forcing.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:12 PM   #7
sako243 is on a distinguished road
sako243's Tacoma Gallery
i have the say kind, there sweet
Old 01-07-2008, 05:14 PM   #8
Tacomojo is on a distinguished road
Tacomojo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawg25 View Post
I have the AVS installed on my truck also. I like the look. Did you find it kinda hard to install? I was unable to get all the screws in (5 of 6) and a couple others took a lot of forcing.
I put one on my truck last week and, yes, it was a might stubborn starting out. This I overcame by simply backing everything out, and getting all fasteners inserted from the middle outward - and barely yet evenly started again. Then I gradually tightened them (evenly) until they all became snug.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:45 AM   #9
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawg25 View Post
I got it as an early Christmas present from my folks when I visited at Thanksgiving. I didn't have any major troubles installing it. The thing to remember is to put the screw in place and before turning anything, bang the screwdriver with the heel of your hand to seat the screw deep enough in the socket for the threads to grab. Otherwise you'll be turning the screw for nothing.

I think I seated the outer two, plus a couple of turns, then worked from the middle out seating and tightening the rest before returning to fully tighten the outer ones. I've been impressed with how strong those plastic screws hold at 70 mph with a cross wind.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:22 AM   #10
m_taker1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
m_taker1's Tacoma Gallery
i also have an avs and i had a hard time getting all the screws in, I actually lost one down the engine comparment and some how got destroyed so i had to run to pep boys to get replacement ones, suprisingly they had the exact ones!! i did get all the screws finally!!! They do look nice!!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #11

sataco's Tacoma Gallery
they were a little difficult to line up the outer ends but they all went in.
i'm digging the look of it on there.