Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks & Bushings

Old 08-24-2009, 08:14 AM   #1
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks & Bushings

Good morning,

I just wanted to clear the air about something and hopefully it will help.
I have received a few phone calls in the last few weeks and I am not sure of the nature of the calls...
On the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Tacoma's there are bushings in the top Plate that holds the spring in Place and has the "3" bolts that hold the strut into place in the Tacoma's...The Bilstein 5100 Series Pre-Load Adjustable shocks for the Gen 1 and Gen 2 do not come with these bushings and it does not state anywhere that it does come with the bushings..The bushing is a Factory Toyota Bushing and if it is worn out, you would need to contact the dealer for the bushings and see if they sell it separately...I have contacted the Toyota dealer here about it and they said it is part of the top Plate assembly...
The Bilstein 5100 Series Shock is only a replacement shock....That is why in the picture's I have of the shocks, I was so concerned with actually having a picture of the actual shock you would be purchasing, so there are no mis-conceptions and in the pictures there are no Replacement Bushings for Front Shocks on the top plate....Bilstein or RCD does not include them with there shocks....

Also just a heads up on the Gen 1 front Pre-Load Adjustable shocks, it looks like they will be about 2 weeks before them have them available...
Welcome to the world of production with Bilstein.....

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any questions....
Thank you,
Sonny

Old 08-24-2009, 08:30 AM   #2
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the info sonny, I just had my 5100's installed that I ordered from you and they are great!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Update. I'm looking into 5100's as well. I'm in Chula Vista (off Olympic) and should pay your location a visit. In any event, nice of you to inform us of that bushing.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:04 AM   #4
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I just do not want anyone thinking we are not giving them all of the parts
that come with the shocks.....Just covering my A** so to say....
Old 08-24-2009, 09:10 AM   #5
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just wondering who would actually thinks these shocks came with a set of TWO $70+ parts.

In Sonny's defense, he sells a great product, with outstanding customer service.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:21 AM   #6
Downsouth Motorsport

I am not sure who it was, but like I said I did not want anyone thinking they were getting the short end of the stick...I try and pass on all the info I can and help with whatever I can as far as the shock side and some people have contacted me about other items from Tacoma World and I still try and make it a point to help or at least point whom ever in the right direction even if they do not buy something from me...

Please everyone...Please ask questions....There is no such thing as a dumb question...
Old 08-28-2009, 11:38 AM   #7
Those are not my pants
dw77x is on a distinguished road

dw77x's Tacoma Gallery
On the topic, don't be like me. . .

The inner bushing will likely stick to the inside of the top plate and the outer (top) one will fall of when taken appart. Idiot me saw the top bushing laying on the ground and I though "hey you bushing get back on the inside where you belong". so I slid it on the shock, assembled it and put it back in the truck. Only to realize I get to pull it all back out because I have the bushings doubble stacked on my front right. I was not sure if I was going to admit my stupidity, but I thought I would hate for someone else to do the same thing. I do this type of stuff for a living so there is no excuse, oh well, it's done now.