Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Online OEM Purchases??

Old 08-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
trailmaster308 is on a distinguished road

trailmaster308's Tacoma Gallery
Online OEM Purchases??

Guys,

I want to purchase the silver OEM tube steps from Toyota without having to deal with my dealership. I placed the order from trdparts4u.com and everythign was fine until this weekend I got this:

We are sorry to cancel your order from Toyota of Dallas , We are sorry we were not able to fulfill your order.....

We no longer have these in stock, they are back ordered for at least 1 month.

Anyway, just wondering who everyone trusts or has experience ordering OEM parts online? Thanks for any input.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #2
Resident Canuck
HwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to all

HwyRogue's Tacoma Gallery
I've ordered OEM parts for my Acura online, without any issues... while it sux that they cancelled your order, imho it's better than having you wait and wait.. here you get your money back and you can look elsewhere for it - that's a for the retailer from me.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
BlissTaco is a jewel in the roughBlissTaco is a jewel in the roughBlissTaco is a jewel in the roughBlissTaco is a jewel in the rough

Name: James
BlissTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just order a TRD exhaust from trdparts.com on Friday. I did because I had read from another member that it worked out well. The price was right even with shipping. I checked with 2 other local shops and they couldn't get close.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #4
My Swagger > You !!!
Dominican1NYC is on a distinguished road
Army: SSG, 12N, 697th ENG CO, 62nd ENG BN
Dominican1NYC's Tacoma Gallery
I've ordered from them, trdsparks.com & toyotapartsoutlet.com with no problems. These guys have way better pricing than most people online do.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:54 PM   #5
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I've ordered from a different dealership than I got my truck from via ebay. Dealer is only about an hour from me and they have an ebay store. Even with shipping costs they are still considerably cheaper on most stuff I browsed through than my local dealer is. Got my OEM cargo divider for like $235 shipped and had it in 2 days. Don't remember their exact ebay username but it's Conicelli (Conecelli?) Toyota in southeastern PA. They seem to usually have lots of different stuff available from floor mats to the TRD intake.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #7
Slab is on a distinguished road
Slab's Tacoma Gallery
I shopped around a bunch- these guys had the best prices- even if the item isn't on their website- call and ask for a price

http://toyotapartsoutlet.com/Scripts/default.asp

no problems so far- I've purchased a bunch of stuff for my '07 FJ and now my '09 Tacoma
Old 08-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #8
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
I tried to order these steps through my dealership's website for $339.35 (for the D cab LB) after I went to the dealership and the guy told me I could only get them that price if I ordered them online, I said alright whatever, but everytime I tried to proceed to checkout it emptied my cart. I got pissed and ordered N-Fabs for the same price.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #9
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slab View Post
I shopped around a bunch- these guys had the best prices- even if the item isn't on their website- call and ask for a price

http://toyotapartsoutlet.com/Scripts/default.asp

no problems so far- I've purchased a bunch of stuff for my '07 FJ and now my '09 Tacoma
thats who my dealership gets their parts from but the dealership's website wouldn't work right.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #10
Slab is on a distinguished road
Slab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
thats who my dealership gets their parts from but the dealership's website wouldn't work right.
just call the number- ask for Blake Herring