Black 12 63.16%
Chrome or Stainless 5 26.32%
Other 2 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2008, 07:51 AM   #1
deer_pop is on a distinguished road

deer_pop's Tacoma Gallery
Speedway Blue Double Cab TRD Back or Chrome Poll

I have been dreaming of getting my truck (should be any day); then the accessories begin.

I want to get a bull bar and a set of nerf bars pretty much off the hop. I like the look of the ARIS and the Westins but haven't committed yet.

I am looking for personal opinions with the Speedway Blue: What does everyone like better black or chrome/stainless accessories?

Personally I think both would look great because the Tacoma is beautiful out of the box.

So here are the choices:

1. Black

2. Chrome/Stainless

3. Other (please specify)

Thanks to all that participate.

Dave
Old 01-04-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
08Tacoma is on a distinguished road
08Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
In my Personal opinion, if the model of the truck that u're getting is he TRD Sport, I would go with Chrome, and if is the TRD OffRoad I get black!!
Old 01-04-2008, 08:52 AM   #4
Beverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeverly0817 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Beverly0817's Tacoma Gallery
I just think black looks better with speedway blue!!!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 04:03 PM   #5
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
If you look in my truck description you can see I'm a fan of the chrome/stainless parts.I think the Speedway blue looks great with either,but I'm partial to the shiney stuff.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
stainless definitely. just keep it polished and you will be good to go.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #7
Taco™
Blu08Taco is on a distinguished road

Blu08Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm having the exact same issue myself. The stainless looks great, but the black is more subtle. and I cannot for the life of me figure out which running boards to go with.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #8
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
You have lots of salt on the roads? Chrome/stainless is hard to keep clean and polished. the salt in NY has abraded my bars slightly like I took sand paper to them. Polish and cleaning might bring it back, but I can't be bothered to do all that. Black would be easy to touch up with rattle can if you ever needed to.

Then again, with all the salt on the roads in NY I give up on trying to keep the truck clean. It only lasts for 5 minutes (until I leave the car wash).
Old 01-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #9
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
What are you going to do with rims, original go black, Chrome rims go all the way with chrome, make it hurt your eyes !
Old 01-04-2008, 05:42 PM   #10
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
other...body color...charcoal colored rims mmmmm
Old 01-04-2008, 06:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu08Taco View Post
I'm having the exact same issue myself. The stainless looks great, but the black is more subtle. and I cannot for the life of me figure out which running boards to go with.
Nice to hear I am not alone with my issue. It will be interesting to see what we end up doing eh?
Old 01-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
You have lots of salt on the roads? Chrome/stainless is hard to keep clean and polished. the salt in NY has abraded my bars slightly like I took sand paper to them. Polish and cleaning might bring it back, but I can't be bothered to do all that. Black would be easy to touch up with rattle can if you ever needed to.

Then again, with all the salt on the roads in NY I give up on trying to keep the truck clean. It only lasts for 5 minutes (until I leave the car wash).
I hear you with the salt. I think Ontario is the salt capital of Canada. We get rain and they put salt down to dry it up!!! HAHAHA
Old 01-04-2008, 06:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
What are you going to do with rims, original go black, Chrome rims go all the way with chrome, make it hurt your eyes !

I am planning on sticking with the 17" TRD sport rims atleast for a while. The tires will go before the rims. Looking at a set of Michelin AT/2.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:29 AM   #14
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Just wondering what everyone decided on the Chrome vs Black.

Should be picking up my Speedway blue DC TRD Sport Tomorrow.

First things...Nerf Bars and Bull Bar/Brush Guard

But I cannot decide on what color. Any pics would be helpful.

I have yet to see a FULL brush guard on a Speedway Blue on this site...Do most ppl just like the Bull bar better? Lots of deer here that do major damage with out some kind of grill guard. Just wondering what they all looked like before i broke down and bought one...
Old 05-13-2008, 08:29 AM   #15
Yeah, I'm that Guy
RememberMorrison is on a distinguished road
Marines: 0311
RememberMorrison's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Tacoma View Post
In my Personal opinion, if the model of the truck that u're getting is he TRD Sport, I would go with Chrome, and if is the TRD OffRoad I get black!!
+1
Old 05-14-2008, 12:15 PM   #16
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Color Match as much as possible if you don't have the Sport.

Then, color match with BLACK.

The Speedway Blue w/Black Out Headlights, Grille, Sliders, N-Fabs, Rims is a BEAST!

My truck is the same way but in RAD RED!

Then again, I hate CHROME. Thats just IMHO.