Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Painted tail gate handle

Old 08-25-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Painted tail gate handle

I tried to search but came up empty, so here goes. One of the things I love about my sport edition is all the color keyed accents (door handles, mirrors, etc..) but one thing that has been in my mind is how the tail gate handle is not color keyed. I was wondering if anybody has gone and got it painted, although I do not think it would be that easy. So if anybody is knowledgeable in how to do this and would like to share it would be greatly appreciated, any pics would be great too!!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
an easy and still removeable way is to get one of the chrome overlays and paint it to match
Old 08-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
wareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
wareagle5693's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wareagle5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
an easy and still removeable way is to get one of the chrome overlays and paint it to match
Could I do that with the door handles too?
Old 08-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #4
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
i had mine painted at a body shop. took it off and dropped it off at the shop... picked it up a day later.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #5
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
^^^Im gonna do that with mine
Old 08-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #6
wareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDguyKC View Post
i had mine painted at a body shop. took it off and dropped it off at the shop... picked it up a day later.

That looks GREAT! I'm gonna get that done to mine, I'd like to get the rear bumper and door handles done too.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:23 PM   #7
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yea it really cleans up the tailgate quite a bit.

Now what do you think if i had the license plate Light covers painted white too? too much white then?
Old 08-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #8

I'd have to see what it looked like, but I think that it would be too much white in the back.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:49 PM   #9
XC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
XC4ME's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I like the color matched handle but that don't look like a Glendale neighborhood.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC4ME View Post
I like the color matched handle but that don't look like a Glendale neighborhood.
no, sure isnt. Its Pinetop lol.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:47 PM   #11
XC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shedXC4ME is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XC4ME's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no, sure isnt. Its Pinetop lol.
LOL I knew it wasn’t Glendale. Looks nice though, are there any 2WD friendly trails up there? I hear that the Pinetop/Strawberry area is beautiful. I want to take my grandson on his first camping trip (he's four) and thought that would be a good area.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:50 PM   #12
awoit will become famous soon enough

awoit's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to awoit
Guys have any opinions if there was something to do with a Silver 08 Handle? i dont think white would be too clean on that.. ideas?
Old 08-25-2009, 11:54 PM   #13

XC4ME's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL I knew it wasn’t Glendale. Looks nice though, are there any 2WD friendly trails up there? I hear that the Pinetop/Strawberry area is beautiful. I want to take my grandson on his first camping trip (he's four) and thought that would be a good area.
Sorry to the OP, I should have PM'd him that.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:31 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by awoit View Post
Guys have any opinions if there was something to do with a Silver 08 Handle? i dont think white would be too clean on that.. ideas?

i dunno..... paint it? like i did with my white one.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #15
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry to the OP, I should have PM'd him that.
Hahah no it's all good. Oh and everybody, thank you for the fast replies and suggestions!
Old 08-26-2009, 02:07 PM   #16
AFTaco will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 2W0
Name: Doug
AFTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Dude, you get that much snow in AZ? Wow
Old 08-26-2009, 02:20 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFTaco View Post
Dude, you get that much snow in AZ? Wow
thats northern AZ. they get decent snow up there. in PHX snow is unheard of.