LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

pissed the f off

Old 01-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #21
mvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud of

mvega1969's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to mvega1969
Wink

It cost me $50.00 to change my Sienna front windshield each time (now two, close to the third) and those Sienna's front windshield are huge. This is not a commercial but you need to change to GEICO, when having a full coverage this 50.00 dollar feature is included automatically.

You need to wait sometime (1 day, two days) and also, is not required to tell them of this incident , Autolite is the company that covers all these kind of windshield installations. It may worth it, the change.
Regards.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:04 AM   #22
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
05toyo: I wouldn't worry about leaking problems. a month or two after i got my truck a guy in an industrial mower shot a rock through my rear window. it only shattered one of the panes but apparently the whole back window is one piece and they cant replace just one pane at a time. I called about 4 different shops including the dealer and got a price between $600 and $650. Apparently since it is such a new model there are not alot of aftermarket options unless you go with a one piece or a power slider. Fortunately in SC glass replacement is free if you have full coverage. So Geico hooked me up with a guy who comes to your house or your work and replaces it onsite with the OEM parts. i had mine done and have no problems with it.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #23
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvega1969 View Post
It cost me $50.00 to change my Sienna front windshield each time (now two, close to the third) and those Sienna's front windshield are huge. This is not a commercial but you need to change to GEICO, when having a full coverage this 50.00 dollar feature is included automatically.

You need to wait sometime (1 day, two days) and also, is not required to tell them of this incident , Autolite is the company that covers all these kind of windshield installations. It may worth it, the change.
Regards.
I second that. Geico is great. I had to make 3 claims in about 6 months and my rates barely went up. I had the glass claim (which doesnt make your rates go up at all). My brother wrecked my beamer, and i backed my truck into a tree which ended up being over 3 grand in damage. So far the only complaint that i have was the local geico guy that did the estimate of the damage on my truck. he took a long time and i had to have the dealer correct him but other than that they are great as an insurance company.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:28 AM   #24
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I second that. Geico is great. I had to make 3 claims in about 6 months and my rates barely went up. I had the glass claim (which doesnt make your rates go up at all). My brother wrecked my beamer, and i backed my truck into a tree which ended up being over 3 grand in damage. So far the only complaint that i have was the local geico guy that did the estimate of the damage on my truck. he took a long time and i had to have the dealer correct him but other than that they are great as an insurance company.
$3000 in damage from backing into a tree?

How fast were you going? I'm assuming you bent more than just the tinfoil rear bumper.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:43 AM   #25
mvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud ofmvega1969 has much to be proud of

I have never tried before, but does anyone has a headlights claim with GEICO that worked as the windshield (accidental or road damage), we know the time passes and headlights gets dark or opaque and there is no way to avoid that and they look and perform poorly (at least on our Sienna).

Regards.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:48 PM   #26

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
$3000 in damage from backing into a tree?

How fast were you going? I'm assuming you bent more than just the tinfoil rear bumper.
yeah, i bashed up the bumper and quarter panel and fender flares and taillight assembly. It was weird cause the bed pushed forward enough to dent the cab but then bounced back into place. the bed wasn't touching the cab but you could see where it had hit it. I got distracted and thought i was indrive but i was in reverse on a trail and i floored it. straight back into a tree. its a long stupid storry. do a search for threads started by me with key words "embarrased to post this" and you can read all about it
Old 01-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #27
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvega1969 View Post
I have never tried before, but does anyone has a headlights claim with GEICO that worked as the windshield (accidental or road damage), we know the time passes and headlights gets dark or opaque and there is no way to avoid that and they look and perform poorly (at least on our Sienna).

Regards.
I know this doesn`t answer your question about Ins. but I use this NOVUS Plastic Polish #2 to clear up old lenses.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:01 PM   #28

Good, let me take a look of this and I will post any results at all.

Thanks,
Regards.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #29
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Went to the shop this evening and the back window I had available is no more. The side panes are going to be replaced with lexan to allow the rollcage tubes to pass through.

The good news? It should look pretty trick on my truck
The bad news? I'm not gonna be able to give it away. Sorry about that!
Old 01-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #30
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Just be happy it did not roll back and dent your tailgate also.