Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

pissed the f off

Old 01-04-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
05yota is on a distinguished road

Marines: 2nd Recruit Trainning BN ( Parris Island SC)"Drill Instructor"
05yota's Tacoma Gallery
Angry pissed the f off

So let me tell you how i was helpin a friend of my wife move a 4 wheeler that she signed for so another guy could have one, well needless to say that her relationship with the guy went south so i had to go get it and the damn thing went through my rear windsheild while loading so now i have no rear windshield and its gonna cost 756.96 to get the windshield then labor the good news is that she is gonna pay for the whole thing to get fixed but now i am worried mad that my rear window is gonna leak anyone have expirence with this type of stuff??
Old 01-04-2008, 09:24 PM   #2
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you could use a cool bevridge and chill man. Not to make lite of what happened but I think any reputable GLASS repair shop will fix it right and come with a guarantee. I have not had a rear replaced, but a few fronts w/no problems.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Crap happens. Look at the brighter side though. If (inevitable) you have a fight with your wife and you are locked out, you have an alternate place to lay your hat . Lucky Dog is what we'd call you .

Let it leak, let it leak, let it leak .
Old 01-04-2008, 11:23 PM   #4
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
It sucks but there are more important things in life to get pissed off about. Just call a reputable shop and I'm sure they'll take care of you. Too bad you aren't in SC because that would be free.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:36 AM   #5
beondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of light

beondwacko's Tacoma Gallery
I'd have to agree with the other folks here on the board. That price of $756.96 sounds like a dealer price. Any good glass shop should be able to do the job for a whole lot less. You didn't mention one thing though,,,,, your rear window, is it a sliding unit or 1 peice ?

Also as mentioned, there are much more important things to get your blood pressure up about in life. I know what it's like to be anal about your vehicle but remember, it is what it is. Things happen & most of those happenings can be fixed. Maybe one day you'll be able to laugh about it all.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:07 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance
LQQKatmy06 is on a distinguished road

LQQKatmy06's Tacoma Gallery
Most rear windows are nothing more than a piece of glass and a rubber seal, I have put in a few with only using a rope and a extra set of hands.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:17 AM   #7
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Not on a Taco, but a Ford (company trk) I had all the glass busted out, I mean all of it (bad neighborhood) it all got repaired. All of it leaked, nothing was right, no more car washes, feared rain, seats were always wet, finally I just burned the truck to the ground.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:00 AM   #8
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
A few people on TN had their back windows busted out and replaced. No one's complained about leaking.

This is your chance to get a different window maybe! If you had a slider and wanted a 1 piece, or vice versa!
Old 01-05-2008, 08:14 AM   #9
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
get the power slider...costs less than a factory window from what i've seen.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:41 PM   #10

05yota's Tacoma Gallery
Thanx guys yeah the price listed was a dealer price, i am tryin to save her the money but i just took it to the dealership i wish i would have cheked here first that power slider option might have been a good idea if im replacing the window i might as well get something out of it right?? i am so pissed bc i am supposed to be checking into a new duty station on mon and i dont have the time to run around trying to get my truck fixed so now i am stuck driving my wifes ford focus until i can get the truck fixed!!!! but again thanks for the comment it helped me to put everything back into perspective!!!
Old 01-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #11
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

what branch/location are u going to?
Old 01-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #12
ellsworth is on a distinguished road
ellsworth's Tacoma Gallery
glass

its actualy a big gasket and urethane..Not rocket science..any good glass shop can do it...Also in NYS most peoplw have full glass under comprehensive and most companies alow 1 glass claim without a sucharge...So you could put it through insurance and she could bake you pies for the rest of your life every sunday until the debt is paid. at say 10 dollars a pie, you would not have to worry about desert for a little over 2 years..Shit, Id bust all my windows for that! course, I like pie.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:37 PM   #13

05yota's Tacoma Gallery
I am in the Marine Corps and I report into Drill Instructor school on Jan 7th, in Parris Island SC.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:26 PM   #14
Piss off

sounds like good stuff...dont kill too many trainee's coming through there. i've always heard about trainee's dying on ft. jackson and parris island.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:30 PM   #15
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05yota View Post
I am in the Marine Corps and I report into Drill Instructor school on Jan 7th, in Parris Island SC.
Kind of makes the rear window seem pretty insignificant, doesn't it? Did you go through basic at PI?
Old 01-05-2008, 09:33 PM   #16
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, go get some weed and smoke it!! That's the most sound advice you will hear.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:00 PM   #17
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
Dude, go get some weed and smoke it!! That's the most sound advice you will hear.
Brings to mind a song.....

smoke two joint in the morning, I smoke two joints at night...
Old 01-06-2008, 02:57 PM   #18
wes is on a distinguished road

wes's Tacoma Gallery
now would be a great time to have an electric 1 piece glass installed.It would be a great replacement for that slide glass.I'm sure some custom shop could help you out. $$$$ though
Old 01-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #19
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
>> Free <<

If you're not opposed to taking a trip to NJ, I just might have a free rear window for you! It's from an '06 Access Cab and has the slider.

I say "might" because I have to check the condition of it back at the shop. I believe it came out in one piece. Mine's getting replaced with a sheet of lexan to accommodate the rollcage tubes.

I'm heading over tomorrow after work and will see if it's still in one piece. If so, you're welcomed to it!
Old 01-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #20
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
...or pay for shipping. I'll post tomorrow once I see the condition of the window. I'll snap some pictures too while I'm there.