Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

airbag deployment w/ cheap seat covers

Old 08-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #1
emacpgh will become famous soon enough

Name: eric
emacpgh's Tacoma Gallery
airbag deployment w/ cheap seat covers

does anyone know if there would be an airbag deployment issue when using cheap seatcovers without a breakaway section. i get very greasy at work, i change my cloths and wash arms and face but grease still finds a way to the covers, hence i am reluctant to buy the oem $? or wet oks 235$ .still dont want to risk my life. does grease clean up from the wet ok easily?
Old 08-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't take any chances.....

Get seat covers that are compatible to your seat covers. Bite the bullet and pay for them.

Or....simply use a large t-shirt or towel and put it over top the seat. Cut the sides of the t-shirt where the airbag is.

I don't have side airbags, but I can totally relate to the 'grease' thing. I've had seat covers in my truck for 2 years and I've probably washed them about 4 times (they get nasty).
Old 08-28-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
emacpgh will become famous soon enough

Name: eric
emacpgh's Tacoma Gallery
do you have oem, wet okle, or something else? can you machine wash? does scotch guard work with grease? sorry lots of questions, first new truck, never bothered with these precautions before and all my seats ended up looking like hell. its not easy being beautiful!! lol.