1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My custom shift console paint job...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Razorecko, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Feb 23, 2010 at 11:52 PM
    I Liquid I

I Liquid I Well-Known Member

Member:
    Puerto Rico
    Vehicle:
    06 BSP DCLB, 17 Inferno TRD Offroad DCSB, 06 SW ACLB
    Too many mods to list
    Sadly no pictures, since a family member jacked my camera and is looking for a beating...

On mine the problem wasn't only different coloration, it was texture. On the center trim it looks like the paint didn't adhere well and has a rough look, but its not throughout all the piece, so it looks like crap, and on the center console it was a mistake on my part where I added a primer to try and fix an imperfection. In both cases however, the paint has deep black spots all over. Happened only with that can of spray, the old ones I used and the new ones are good paint. Im probably going to go out and buy like 5 more cans and make sure they are not old or paint that has gone bad. Also got the number of a couple junkyards where they have Tacomas, so im sure I can get the console for less than 30 bucks, ill just do it again and this time Ill probably do it a bit different. I might even get a Base Radio, so that I dont have all the grey buttons sticking out, although I kind of like that look, its different.

You live and your learn I guess...

2. Feb 24, 2010 at 3:47 AM
    Tactical Tacoma

Tactical Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    McKinney, TX
    Vehicle:
    '12 MGM DCSB Sport 4WD
    ARB air compressor, ARB rear air locker, sPOD switch panel in sunglass holder, OME Front & rear shocks, 885x coils, Dakar leaf springs, Icon tubular UCA's, Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust, aFe Pro Dry, TRD Sport wheels powder coated anthracite, FJ TRD center caps, Thule roof rack, 886 fog lights for reverse light mod, CSjumper LED DTRL's, Nokya Yellow fogs, plastidipped lower valence, Weathertechs, Wet Okoles. And MANY MORE MODS, READ BUILD!
    Very clean bro!

3. Oct 1, 2013 at 10:26 PM
    colinm12

colinm12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cana-Duh
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport
    WeatherTech mats, Spyder LED Tail Lights
    Any guidelines for which kind of paint to use on the console?

4. Oct 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM
    BeeRadd

BeeRadd Bought not built.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Fountain Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB LT 4x4
    Yeah Im interested in what bbq paint to pick up. I find it weird that you dont have to put on any base coats, or sand or anything. seems like it could easily slip right off. I want to do this though...

Products Discussed in

To Top