Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Got my baby home,!!!!! 2010 Mag Grey

Old 08-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #1
paintpimp is a name known to allpaintpimp is a name known to allpaintpimp is a name known to allpaintpimp is a name known to allpaintpimp is a name known to allpaintpimp is a name known to all

paintpimp's Tacoma Gallery
Got my baby home,!!!!! 2010 Mag Grey

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/data/500/medium/pics_0061.JPG[/IMG][/IMG]Ok here she is, sexy as hell to. This color is amazing in person, there are some little things I notice about the 2010 that are different, Headrests, the clocks numbers are more bold, it has traction control off, speakers in the celling, and I think the grill emblem is bigger, JBL is awesome, got some stuff orderded I will post pics as I add stuff[/IMG]
Old 08-28-2009, 06:39 PM   #2
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
congrats!
Old 08-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
nice!
Old 08-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck! Love that color...
Old 08-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #5
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats!

Maybe its just the lighting/angles but that thing looks long as hell!
Old 08-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #6
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck, congrats!
Old 08-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #7
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
In what way are the headrests different?
Old 08-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #8
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GG
Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
Grats -- looks great! The fun begins NOW!
Old 08-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #9
paintpimp is a name known to allpaintpimp is a name known to allpaintpimp is a name known to allpaintpimp is a name known to allpaintpimp is a name known to allpaintpimp is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
In what way are the headrests different?
Instead of the rectangular look the are kind of egg shaped, had to order new TRD seat cover cause the ones off my 05 wouldnt fit because of the headrests I will post some pics of them
Old 08-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #11
Toyota newbie...
cornwall325 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
cornwall325's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely post up some pics. when you get a chance. I myself am partial to magnetic gray also.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #12
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
Post pics of the differences in here if you can, I'm sure everyone will be very interested- I know I am!
Old 08-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #13
SubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the rough
SubZombie's Tacoma Gallery
Speakers in ceiling? That's a feature on the access cab... I didn't notice that on the doubles when I looked at them...would be a shitty move.

All the other stuff you mentioned is the same as the 2009s.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:14 PM   #14
PR45 is just really nicePR45 is just really nicePR45 is just really nicePR45 is just really nicePR45 is just really nice
PR45's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

I see a "How to add 'TC Off' to your '09 or earlier model" thread coming.

My MG '09 has some switch that turns off the stability but then turns on the TC based "locking" differential....

Thanks for posting that pic, now I know how my new (scheduled to appear, if the seller isn't on meth...) wheels will look.

Who knew Magnetic Gray could be so, well, magnetic...
Old 08-28-2009, 10:52 PM   #16
Banned
K5423 will become famous soon enoughK5423 will become famous soon enough
K5423's Tacoma Gallery
My 2010 Double cab TRD Offroad does not have any speakers in the ceiling.Speakers in all 4 doors,tweets in front doors and sub in the back.Myself being a sound engineer(for 24 yrs now),owning/running my own recording studio the JBL system in the loaded Tacomas is so subpar.Ya need an aftermarket EQ to get rid of those nasty ass mids to start and imho the system would still sound like ass due to the shitty low budget speakers.The only thing i'm disapointed with is the crap JBL system in my 2010.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5423 View Post
My 2010 Double cab TRD Offroad does not have any speakers in the ceiling.Speakers in all 4 doors,tweets in front doors and sub in the back.Myself being a sound engineer(for 24 yrs now),owning/running my own recording studio the JBL system in the loaded Tacomas is so subpar.Ya need an aftermarket EQ to get rid of those nasty ass mids to start and imho the system would still sound like ass due to the shitty low budget speakers.The only thing i'm disapointed with is the crap JBL system in my 2010.
Really, I know that they use a cheaper speaker but going from my 05 with basic sound to this is a whole lot better, has far as the speaker in the celling I do not have that in my truck it is only in the access cab, thats what I get for listening to salesman
Old 08-28-2009, 11:19 PM   #18
Banned
K5423 will become famous soon enoughK5423 will become famous soon enough
K5423's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintpimp View Post
Really, I know that they use a cheaper speaker but going from my 05 with basic sound to this is a whole lot better, has far as the speaker in the celling I do not have that in my truck it is only in the access cab, thats what I get for listening to salesman
My 94 ext cab that I just sold to buy my 2010 had about $3,800 worth of audio gear in it............installed back in 1999 btw.I am very particular about my sound in my rides.My 94's system was the last in my chain for mix references on my final studio mixes.I do worldwide releases for labels that span the globe and now i'm kinda in a pickle.I miss/need my 94 for my final mixes.My ears need to adjust now.It's kinda hard to explain but any mixing engineers out there will know what I am talking about.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:19 PM   #19
SubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the rough
SubZombie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR45 View Post
I see a "How to add 'TC Off' to your '09 or earlier model" thread coming.

My MG '09 has some switch that turns off the stability but then turns on the TC based "locking" differential....

Thanks for posting that pic, now I know how my new (scheduled to appear, if the seller isn't on meth...) wheels will look.

Who knew Magnetic Gray could be so, well, magnetic...

Hold the button down and it'll turn both of them off...
Old 08-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #20

Ok here are some more pics, some of the interior, love this color, mods to come this week will update