1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Faulkner Toyota of Philadelphia & Leaf Spring TSB ?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by khfactor, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Jan 6, 2008 at 5:57 PM
    khfactor

khfactor [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Vehicle:
    07 White TRD Sport
    Pop N Lock + Hose Clamp. DTRL, AFE drop-In Dry filter, 6-1/2" Replacement Speakers, JVC HD Radio, Sam's club variety Floor mats (cheap but effective), Chrome Exhaust tip, Bed Mat from ol' Ford Ranger. As of 3/25/2020, the Odometer just turned 70K.
    Hi,

I am about to call Faulkner Toyota of Feasterville, PA (Not Philly actually) and ask thme for the Leaf Spring TSB since my truck is now about 40 days and 600 miles since I drove off the dealership lot.

Has anyone (in Philadelphia PA area, that is) had any good or bad experience in dealing with them? Particularly getting the leaf Spring TSB done by them? Do they ask you to "prove" that your truck is bottoming out or would they just take your word for it? I am curious as I prepare myself for the oncoming dealership tsunami.

Thanks

2. Jan 6, 2008 at 7:45 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Not sure where you are...and this might be a bit far for you.... but I got mine done at New Holland Auto Group in New Holland. No hassles and no questions.

Give Faulkner a call and find out - that's the least you can do. Depending on their response, you can decide how far you wanna fight it.

3. Jan 7, 2008 at 5:02 AM
    khfactor

Member:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Vehicle:
    07 White TRD Sport
    Pop N Lock + Hose Clamp. DTRL, AFE drop-In Dry filter, 6-1/2" Replacement Speakers, JVC HD Radio, Sam's club variety Floor mats (cheap but effective), Chrome Exhaust tip, Bed Mat from ol' Ford Ranger. As of 3/25/2020, the Odometer just turned 70K.
    If New Holland group gave you no hassles and no questions, then I would call them in lieu of Faulkner. Is New Holland Group located in Holland, PA ?? Holland, PA is not too far from me. but if it is somewhere near Lancaster, PA then it is a different story..... I am in zip 19006 which is just a stone throw from Philly clity limits.

Did you also get your"BED GATE" TSB done there w/o hassles and harrassment?

Thanks,

4. Jan 7, 2008 at 6:01 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    That'd be in New Holland, PA. It's about 25 miles east of me...(lancaster). So it's probably a good hour for you maybe??....(guessing).
    http://newhollandauto.com/index.htm

If you decide to make the trip over to New Holland - they're a pretty large dealership & shop. If ya have a laptop - bring it along with you. I'm pretty sure you can hook up online in their waiting room. It would make the 3.5 hour wait easier to deal with.

I didn't even ask them about the tailgate TSB. I'll save that for another day. I did call Lancaster Toyota about that and they were less than pleasing on the phone. Never did like that dealership....

5. Jan 7, 2008 at 12:02 PM
    Critter

Critter Well-Known Member

Member:
    Any I say any Dealer who F__ks the dog on this should automatic go on your list of don't go back. And let them know that have just bought some bad advertizing.
    My dealer in Md ordered parts and called and scheduled me for upgrade!
    Goodluck!;)

6. Jan 10, 2008 at 7:33 AM
    khfactor

Member:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Vehicle:
    07 White TRD Sport
    I called the Toyota Customer Relations Dept. at 1-800-331-4331 and informed the person that I had experienced my 40 day old truck bottoming out a few days ago when I had a load in the truck bed. Ms. Roxaane at the Tooyota 1-800 number informed me that there was a TSB issued on the matter and asked me what dealership I would like to take my truck in for inspection and "REPAIR" if necessary.

I played dumb and said that I did not know anything about the "TSB" and informed her that I would take the truck to the Faulkner in Trevose, PA. She looked up her list and gave me the name of the Service Dept. Mgr. along with a phone number and CASE #. She said that I should be getting a call from the Faulkner in 3 working days for an appointment. I thanked her and hung up the phone....

Well, today I got a call from Faulkner Toyota of Trevose, PA about getting me an appointment. Faulkner said that they got the message from TOYOTA and is ordering the right parts and asked me when I would like to bring my truck in. I told her that I can do 1-18-2008. I deliberately set it up for about two weeks so I can take put my initials on the leaf springs and take pictures. Faulkner said that the work should be done by next day. !!! Oh yeah !!

Will report back after getting the LEAF springs installed !!

Products Discussed in

To Top