1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Only one East of Mississippi River?!?!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by vatruckie, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Aug 30, 2009 at 5:27 PM
    vatruckie

vatruckie [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2009 DBL Cab LB TRD SPRT
    So, I posted earlier how I was fortunate to receive almost $13,000 from Toyota for buying back my '99 Taco with 230,000 miles on it with the Rust Frame Buyback Program. I immediately started looking for another 10 year replacement Taco. This time I wanted one with "The Works". I had dealers all over VA try to help me find one and I looked myself from NJ to GA with no luck. Had to be a Dbl Cab, Long bed, TRD, JBL Audio Upgrade, bluetooth, XM, V6, Auto, Towing Package, etc. My local dealer said they just don't ship those kind of trucks into this region which is why I couldn't find one. Finally I found one near Kentucky about 45 mins outside Charleston WV. I called the Toyota dealer there and started talking to them and made the deal! Paid what I wanted and drove 6 hours and picked it up Saturday!! Thankful to Toyota for the buyback program to allow me to get my new truck!! If you're in the WV/KY area, stop by and see the guys at Mike Ferrell Toyota and tell Steve "hi" (doubt I drive back that far soon). Looking for best places to buy accessories such as steps, vent visors, bug shields, seat covers, etc from on the internet if anyone has any suggestions. Also looking for help on Cold Air Intakes for these 4.0L V6's if anyone has already done the leg work!! Just thought I'd share my experience with you guys. This forum has been great in helping me out and thought I'd return the favor if I can!!

CIMG0026.jpg
    CIMG0027.jpg
    CIMG0028.jpg
    CIMG0029.jpg

2. Aug 30, 2009 at 5:30 PM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    mike ferrell is a good dealer around here. nice looking truck, welcome to the club :thumbsup:

3. Aug 30, 2009 at 5:33 PM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    Welcome from VA and glad u got the truck u wanted

4. Aug 31, 2009 at 7:31 AM
    vatruckie

vatruckie [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2009 DBL Cab LB TRD SPRT
    Thanx Burg! Glad to see a fellow Virginian with so much in common (same name, fireman, etc.) is on here. New to the scene, so i'll have to follow what's going on for a while. Been a Jeep and Diesel man most of my life!! New to the whole Toyota experience except driving my old one 65 miles each way to the fire station to work for the last 3 years!! Picked up my brand new Taco on Saturday!! I LOVE IT!! Thanx for the welcome!!

5. Aug 31, 2009 at 9:15 AM
    brandob9

brandob9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Long Bed
    Soundproofed cab, beeps purged, bed lights, extra bed tie-downs and TSB springs.
    What's funny is that your truck feels common in the West. I didn't know that Toyota had that much regional variation in their mix. When I went shopping for my truck, there were at least five of those on each dealer's lot in a range of colors.

Products Discussed in

To Top