Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What does this Connect To?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #21
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
See if your axle looks like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
I meant I don't have the rear diff lock BUTTON. Sorry my bad. Doing this on my phone, forget words sometimes. I know I can light both of them up and when I put it in 4hi or 4lo and turn on dirt, the back is sliding cuz of the diff being locked. So I'm pretty sure I have an OR truck, just missing the extra options, and the buttons that go with them
If your axle doesn't look like ^^^^^^^^^^that, then you DO NOT have the rear differential lock. You may have an LSD (Limited Slip Differential) which is either aftermarket or the SPORT package which you don't have. I think the previous owner installed a LSD and the OR stickers.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #22
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
FUnny crazy previous owner....
Old 09-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #23
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Sorry to say dude, but you have a double cab long bed and you couldn't get them in TRD OF

And your OR stickers aren't OEM. The should look like these

Old 09-01-2009, 12:12 PM   #24
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
I think I'm gonna cry so if the dealership sold it to me as a trd OR, and its not, could I sue??
Old 09-01-2009, 12:18 PM   #25
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
If your axle doesn't look like ^^^^^^^^^^that, then you DO NOT have the rear differential lock. You may have an LSD (Limited Slip Differential) which is either aftermarket or the SPORT package which you don't have. I think the previous owner installed a LSD and the OR stickers.
So I may have an lsd diff? Would there have been a button for that? That would explain the extra connections I have there. Is there any way to tell from the vin#?
Old 09-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #26

Marines:
Quote:
So I may have an lsd diff? Would there have been a button for that? That would explain the extra connections I have there. Is there any way to tell from the vin#?
No button.
A rear differential lock or e-locker is an electrically engaged locker that locks the differential. A limited slip differential will transfer power (torque)to the wheel with more traction (or resistance). Read this

The extra connections are standard. Many automotive manufacturers will use the same harness for different types of the same model (example: pre-runners, TRD sport, TRD OF, etc.). It is cheaper that way. Those plugs are for a system that did not come on the truck.

Here is a VIN decoder. It doesn't specify options though.

http://www.weber.edu/wsuimages/autom...N%20Toyota.pdf
Old 09-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #27
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
just because your back wheels both spin doesnt mean you have a locker, im sorry to say as well but you dont have a trd model truck. you would not have a good ride if you had an always on locker, when I first used mine it got stuck on and I had to drive it like that for a week and it was a horrible ride. My wheels would chirp when I made normal turns at normal speeds.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #28
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think I'm gonna cry so if the dealership sold it to me as a trd OR, and its not, could I sue??
maybe, you should definately get them to cut you a break if you payed a tdr price
Old 09-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #29

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nad View Post
maybe, you should definately get them to cut you a break if you payed a tdr price
I would definitely by knocking on someones door if it said "TRD OFF-ROAD PACKAGE" somewhere on the sales slip.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #30

So this whole time I've been a poser, posing as a trd OR driver I have what I believe to be the orignal sticker, ill see what the vin decoder says. Damn, if it was sold to me as a OR package, shits gonna hit the fan. This f'n sucks. Now I just wanna go home and verify all this info.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:11 PM   #31
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
yeah your stickers should have offroad written in black not white
Old 09-01-2009, 01:11 PM   #32
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
definitely raise some shit
Old 09-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #33

Quote:
definitely raise some shit
damn, I want to but my wife doesn't wanna hurry up with the damn grocery shopping lol
Old 09-01-2009, 01:34 PM   #34
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
ya I would take a pic of your seats for us too, cause they should be different you should also have an ac outlet in your box. shocks should either be blue or yellow as well.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:34 PM   #35
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
lol trd off-road poser, how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?
Old 09-01-2009, 01:37 PM   #36

Marines:
Quote:
ya I would take a pic of your seats for us too, cause they should be different you should also have an ac outlet in your box. shocks should either be blue or yellow as well.

The thing is it's a long bed double cab. They didn't offer TRD OF for those, only the shorts and access (xtra) cabs.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #37

Quote:
Damn now I really feel bad. Nope no blue yellow bilsteins, no outlet. Dirrty cloth seats. Yep a sad say for me.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #38

Quote:
lol trd off-road poser, how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?
Lol, yep def. A poser now I am. I paid with tax and a 3 yr extended warr 13,900 I believe. it had 99,000 mi on it. Now it has abooot 104,400.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #39
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
o well you got a good price so I wouldnt worry
Old 09-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #40
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
cause I dont think you would have got a trd for that price