Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Convenience package for 21.1 or sr5 for 22.9?

Old 08-31-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Convenience package for 21.1 or sr5 for 22.9?

OTD with rebates, fees, and all. I can get a silver 2009 4x4 4-cyl 5-speed access cab for 21.1 with only the convenience package, so no color-keyed overfenders, bumpers, leather-wrapped steering wheel & shift knob, backup camera...

Or I can spend 22.9 and get a pyrite mica 2009 4x4 4-cyl 5-speed access cab.

$1800 difference; if i get the convenience package I'll find a way to get an aftermarket backup cam of some sort, so I'm not really counting it is a problem, more the other 'visual' stuff. What would y'all do?
Old 08-31-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Anybody have any input?
Old 08-31-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
You'll regret it everytime you look at it or drive it if you don't get exactly what you wanted. Which ever package appeals to you more go for it. When I buy my next one you can rest assured I will get what I want or no deal. Too big of an investment to not be satisfied from the get go and then trade it in and be in the hole cause you want some extra items you could have gotten when you bought it. MY $0.02 take it or leave it, your choice.

Murph
Old 09-01-2009, 09:49 AM   #4
All good points, I already got the wrong thing (5lug 2wd) last time, and this is resulting in the current trade-in. I'll spend the extra dough - I don't want to make the same mistake _again_!
Old 09-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #5
Resident Canuck
HwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to all

HwyRogue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
All good points, I already got the wrong thing (5lug 2wd) last time, and this is resulting in the current trade-in. I'll spend the extra dough - I don't want to make the same mistake _again_!
..then sit back, go to the toyota website and build the one you -want-.. I went and bought a BMW (328i - loads of fun, but cost me too much in repairs and mods) to a Camry.. Camry was a nice car but I only had it for 2 mos and then traded it into my 07 Taco - no regrets at ALL! I wanted a DC TRD 4wd and got one - am happy as a lark now! ..'cept the moding hath begun!

For the diff of 2k ( ~$40/month in payment diff ) it's a small offset to be happy without kicking yourself.