1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Convenience package for 21.1 or sr5 for 22.9?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jspadaro, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Aug 31, 2009 at 2:22 PM
    jspadaro

jspadaro [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    OTD with rebates, fees, and all. I can get a silver 2009 4x4 4-cyl 5-speed access cab for 21.1 with only the convenience package, so no color-keyed overfenders, bumpers, leather-wrapped steering wheel & shift knob, backup camera...

Or I can spend 22.9 and get a pyrite mica 2009 4x4 4-cyl 5-speed access cab.

$1800 difference; if i get the convenience package I'll find a way to get an aftermarket backup cam of some sort, so I'm not really counting it is a problem, more the other 'visual' stuff. What would y'all do?

2. Aug 31, 2009 at 5:58 PM
    jspadaro

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    Anybody have any input?

3. Aug 31, 2009 at 9:48 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    You'll regret it everytime you look at it or drive it if you don't get exactly what you wanted. Which ever package appeals to you more go for it. When I buy my next one you can rest assured I will get what I want or no deal. Too big of an investment to not be satisfied from the get go and then trade it in and be in the hole cause you want some extra items you could have gotten when you bought it. MY $0.02 take it or leave it, your choice.

Murph

4. Sep 1, 2009 at 9:49 AM
    jspadaro

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    All good points, I already got the wrong thing (5lug 2wd) last time, and this is resulting in the current trade-in. I'll spend the extra dough - I don't want to make the same mistake _again_!

5. Sep 1, 2009 at 11:14 AM
    HwyRogue

HwyRogue Resident Canuck

Member:
    Halifax, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport 4x4
    Arctic bull bar, hitch step, side bars (All by Avid Off Road!), BHLM, eye lids....
    ..then sit back, go to the toyota website and build the one you -want-.. I went and bought a BMW (328i - loads of fun, but cost me too much in repairs and mods) to a Camry.. Camry was a nice car but I only had it for 2 mos and then traded it into my 07 Taco - no regrets at ALL! I wanted a DC TRD 4wd and got one - am happy as a lark now! ..'cept the moding hath begun! :D

For the diff of 2k ( ~$40/month in payment diff ) it's a small offset to be happy without kicking yourself.

Products Discussed in

To Top