Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Aftermarket Stereos for 2008s

Old 08-31-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
AlphaPlanner
thestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
thestrangebrew's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket Stereos for 2008s

Hey guys. I'm not a huge fan of the OEM stereos in my truck and reading some of the posts here about stereo probs just gives me more evidence to replace it. I've been thinking about installing something different but I'd like to see what and how other people's stereo's look like in their cabs to give me some ideas. If anyone's got some pics I'd appreciate it!
Old 08-31-2009, 04:31 PM   #2
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Depends what you want. Check out MR Marv's threads, the audio sub section, ect. There's tons of pics of single din and double din installs. Personally I wanna do a double din with touch screen/ect...

Also, for the record my '08's radio has yet to have issues. Skips around on a cd once in a blue moon but no worse than any other vehicle I've had.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
I have a single DIN Pioneer that's nice. Transferred it from my Jeep last year. Just changing to an aftermarket head unit made a huge difference in the sound quality. I'm still using the OEM speakers.

Here's my setup:

Old 09-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #4
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Mike
Reznor88's Tacoma Gallery
I actually just did a quick "photo review" of the one I have.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...tml#post902620