Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Was wondering if anyone is....

Old 09-01-2009, 10:01 AM   #1
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Was wondering if anyone is....

Was wondering if anyone is running this www.evanscooling.com in their engines??
Any problems,suggestions,concerns?? With the weather we have been having here in deep south Texas over 100 the past 3 weeks I was thinking of adding this to keep the temp down in my taco & sienna!!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #2
AlphaPlanner
thestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
thestrangebrew's Tacoma Gallery
Never heard of it. Does temp. being so high drastically affect the engine? Here in CA it's been scorching for the last few weeks. Other than coolant I never thought of it...
Old 09-01-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rob1's Tacoma Gallery
HEAT is a killer to engines, the cooler the engine the better mpg and hp!!
Especially if you off-road!!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:27 AM   #4
SpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpaceMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SpaceMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
The manual says not to mix coolants. Stick with the pink super long life OEM coolant.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #5
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1 View Post
Moot point but heat kills power but help mpg
Old 09-01-2009, 10:45 AM   #6

rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanNinja View Post
The manual says not to mix coolants. Stick with the pink super long life OEM coolant.
Would'nt mix it, drain what I got and add this stuff!!
BUT my ??? is has anyone used it??
Old 09-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #7

rob1's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Anyone??
Old 09-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #8
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Running too cool can kill your engine as well. If that weren't true, you wouldn't have a thermostat in your cooling system. Your thermostat is designed to let the engine heat up to a certain temperature before it allows coolant to flow. As long as you're operating at the designed temperature of the engine, I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #9

rob1's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Does anyone use it when off-roading??
Old 09-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #11

rob1's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I am...LOL
oh well
Old 09-01-2009, 02:40 PM   #12
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Quote:
EXCEPT on Mazdas....from experience those lil pos's like heat much more than cold...thing ran like shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit when it was cold. Ran perfectly and got better mileage and was noticeably faster when it was like 95+ out.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:50 PM   #13
gcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to behold

gcwaterski's Tacoma Gallery
I seriously do not think this stuff will make your engine run "too cool" I ran engine ice on all my motorcycles with no problems. I am curious about this stuff as I want to use an aftermarket fluid in my truck.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #14
URBIKESUCKS is on a distinguished road

Army: US ARMY RECRUITER GATEWAY MALL
Name: Ron
URBIKESUCKS's Tacoma Gallery
have used and use watter wetter

I have redline water wetter in now no issues.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:59 PM   #15
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcwaterski View Post
I seriously do not think this stuff will make your engine run "too cool" I ran engine ice on all my motorcycles with no problems. I am curious about this stuff as I want to use an aftermarket fluid in my truck.
x2 My buddy is an AMA Superbike mechanic on the side and he runs that engine ice in his bikes. I think vehicles would be the same way. Try it. Nothing bad is going to come from it.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:02 PM   #16
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah your engines need to be at a set temp (not too low or too high) to run their best, I think this stuff would be good if your doing heavy duty off-roading for long periods of time when the temp outside is real hot. And if you plan on taking your truck to race in the Baja 500.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:10 PM   #17
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
an engine's thermostat is still 196 degrees on most vehix as far as i know. Running synthetics usually reduces heat( might be worth considering). At some point , the cooler and less heat u have build up, u jst keep the thermostat shut longer.. nothing more. Watch your temp guage on a hill on a 100+ day. By now you should know by if you have a cooling problem.
I'm sure the product is good, but they all seem to prey on your fears " heat kills engines" .... only if its overheating. The all say get better mpg , more hp..... you will get more women... sorry I'm digressing again.