1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CBI front hitch.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mullica woods'er, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Sep 2, 2009 at 1:32 PM
    mullica woods'er

mullica woods'er [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    south jersey pinebarrons
    Vehicle:
    06 trd 4x4
    rear leaf tsb,billies all around.front set at 1.75. 265 duratracs.cbi front hitch.rough contry 9.5 winch/syn.rope.
    does anybody know if cbi still makes front hitches for setting up a winch.I e-mailed them,but no response. Cbi if you are out there please PM me.thanks.

2. Sep 2, 2009 at 6:02 PM
    teri4lance

teri4lance Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4
    Removed the price sticker in the window, bobbed 6" off the mudflaps, debadged. TSB completed.
  3. Sep 3, 2009 at 4:26 AM
    mullica woods'er

mullica woods'er [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    south jersey pinebarrons
    Vehicle:
    06 trd 4x4
    rear leaf tsb,billies all around.front set at 1.75. 265 duratracs.cbi front hitch.rough contry 9.5 winch/syn.rope.
    thanks teri4lance,
    i did see this set-up by CURT. here is my qwestion:will that hitch be hidden in the middle of the bumper like the CBI?? Or is it just mounted underneath the bumper? That is the reason i wanted to go with the CBI.But if the guy don't make them anymore,than this is the route i will go.thanks for the reply,and info.

4. Sep 3, 2009 at 5:22 AM
    Mandy3206

Mandy3206 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Juan PR
    Vehicle:
    Sand Pearl Black 06 6spd DC SB TRD OR Moded
    A while back I quoted from them the front hitch and they responded quickly, try another email or check their site and call them on the phone.

The Curt hitch sits below the bumper.

5. Sep 3, 2009 at 3:29 PM
    teri4lance

teri4lance Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4
    Removed the price sticker in the window, bobbed 6" off the mudflaps, debadged. TSB completed.
    On my old Avalanche you could mount the front hitch upside and then you would have to cut an opening in the valance. On a Tacoma I don't know.

6. Sep 14, 2009 at 8:43 AM
    mr.trd

mr.trd Are you Recreationally Insane?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brant
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    '06 S/C 1GR-FE DCSB
    Icon coilovers w 14" 700lb springs, Icon billet UCA w/ Delta joints, custom built Icon rear resi-shocks, Icon stage 3 rear leaf pack, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers w/ homemade spreader bar, superbumps up front and timbren bumps in the rear, Crown brake lines, U-bolt flip,4.88's with front ARB locker and ARB dual compressor mounted behind back seat, 285/75R17 BFG A/T KO2's on Bronze Icon Alloy Compression's, 5th gen T4R budget big brake kit, CBI Off-Road Fab. custom Trailmaster 2.0 with swing-away tire carrier, CBI custom tube front bumper, CBI kickout sliders, CBI full flat belly skids including gas tank,CBI Ditch Light brackets w/ Heretic Studio Quattro's, Heretic Studio's 30" Amber on the front, Heretic Studio 40" bar under the Front Runner Roof Rack, Expedition Essentials RAM mount, Leer used shell, OEM black chrome sport headlights, fog lights always on mod, rear locker anytime mod, TRD supercharger, URD Ucon-EMS, Deatschwerks 255 fuel pump w/ URD external fuel filter kit, AFE intake paired to a Safari Snorkel, URD spec-U exhaust w/ factory Tundra muffler behind URD equal length headers.
    Sorry, we are here, just having major email problems.....

I think I may have talked to you via PM already, but if not, please PM me or go to our Folder in the vendors section. Those are the best ways to reach us online until we get the email sorted out, rather the IT guy gets it sorted out. And definitely feel free to call us anytime. But yes, we are still making them.

Products Discussed in

To Top