1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Doin' my own repairs

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cusas6, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Jan 9, 2008 at 1:01 AM
    cusas6

cusas6 [OP] Member

Member:
    Has anyone done any repairs themselves? My fiance's sister backed out of her driveway and scratched the cr*p out of the little bumper end cap on my Taco.

http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...2010&callout=4&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=2

In the link it is #6. For $60 I wouldn't mind doing it myself. I am sure that the dealer would charge me a couple hundred. I looked online to see if there are any instructions for working on this stuff. But apparently Chiltons doesn't have a manual out for an 07 Taco yet...

If anyone knows of anyplace I can get instructions on taking the bumper apart and replacing it or has any experience I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. Jan 9, 2008 at 4:16 AM
    45longcolt

45longcolt Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW Area
    Vehicle:
    2020 Off Road
    Man, the entire service repair manual for 05-06 Tacomas is on line for free. Your 07 ain't much different at all. It's huge now and will take a while to download but it is all there, around 285 megs or so. Here's the link:

This is one of them that is on line. Do some searches and you should be able to find the downloadable one. Here's another good link:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186199

Good luck on the repairs!:)

Products Discussed in

To Top