Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

how does the prerunner handle in the snow (not slow)??

Old 09-03-2009, 09:08 AM   #1
05TacomaTRDsport is on a distinguished road
Name: Derek
05TacomaTRDsport's Tacoma Gallery
how does the prerunner handle in the snow (not slow)??

new to this site and just bought a 05 prerunner trd sport just wondering how the handle in the snow since its only rwd.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #2
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
did you mean SNOW ?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
lol...I'm sure they do fine in the SNOW...especially if you've got the locker and the proper tires
Old 09-03-2009, 09:27 AM   #4
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
he has the sport lsd though...
Old 09-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #5
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't had my Sport 4x4 in the snow yet, but just looking at the tires, I think they're going to suck, especially if you only have 2 wheel drive. I'd definitely look into getting some snow tires.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:30 AM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysrt2004 View Post
he has the sport lsd though...
Damn it...should've looked at that lol. He should still be okay, not sure though. I've never had my truck in the snow
Old 09-03-2009, 09:40 AM   #8
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
4wd is a great advantage, especially if you are going up hill, but tires are most important. Get some with the snow flake symbol on them and put some weight in your bed. You should do fine.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #9
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
Damn it...should've looked at that lol. He should still be okay, not sure though. I've never had my truck in the snow
me neither... time will tell for me
Old 09-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #10
Demoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud ofDemoncleaner has much to be proud of

Demoncleaner's Tacoma Gallery
You'll be worthless on stock treads. Get a set snow tires on 16 x 7 rims for winter. You'll have a great winter truck.

You may not acclerate as fast as a 4x4 will all-seasons, but you'll outbrake and out corner them no problem. You have no TPMS, so its cheap and easy.

I have 4wd, but even in 2wd w. the LSD I get around fine 99% of time on snow packed roads.

I only had an LSD 2wd truck with snow tires when I lived on the Tug Hill (250 inches year), no problems as long as snow was under a foot and the grade didnt pitch straight up for a mile.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #11
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I took mine up in Colorado last winter and it was scary as hell in the snow. Well it was snow packed on the road. My grandparents live on a hill and i got half way up and slid down about 300 yards backwards to the bottom. Even with my locker it wasn't getting up the hill. From what my grandpa told me is if i had snow tires i may have got up it because they are narrow and have a special tread pattern. I have Nitto Dune Grapplers that are meant for sand and dirt. My uncle had a set of 35" Baja MTs on his 4x4 F-150 and had a hard time getting up it. If the road is snow packed its hard to get traction and the rear end is all over the road. For now on I'm just going to drive it up there and then park it and use someones 4x4 to drive around and get to the Ski area.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:54 AM   #12

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
your tires have flames on them, they should melt the snow.... (dunegrapplers)

i keed
Old 09-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #13
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnysrt2004 View Post
your tires have flames on them, they should melt the snow.... (dunegrapplers)

i keed
hahaha Yeah for real. lol
Old 09-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #14

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
hahaha Yeah for real. lol

tttssssssssssss..... (best sizzling/snow melting/chicken fajita platter passing you at a restaurant sound i could type

hahaha
jk

back on topic
Old 09-03-2009, 11:57 AM   #15
05TacomaTRDsport is on a distinguished road
Name: Derek
05TacomaTRDsport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
You should be fine. The only set back on my 5 lugger was how low the truck was sitting.

How deep of snow will you be driving in?

it the prerunner so its got the bigger tires and suspension of the 4x4 just its only 2wd.... thanks for the help guys and yes i meant to put snow lol