LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

bed extender lock

Old 01-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
stratton will become famous soon enough

stratton's Tacoma Gallery
bed extender lock

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to lock their bed extender. I am afraid that some dill weed might take the nearly 300 item out of the back.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratton View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to lock their bed extender. I am afraid that some dill weed might take the nearly 300 item out of the back.
On my Westin, I mounted the release bracket latches close enough to the tailgate (Westin included a mounting sheet template) so that I have to have the tailgate open to move the release latch. You'd need something like a Pop-n-lock tailgate lock to lock the tailgate.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:42 PM   #3
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Locking Bed Extender

I dont think he is talking about his tailgate. I would just go to Lowe's or Home Depot and buy one of those master lock ladder locks and string it through the D rings attatched to the bed!
Old 01-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #4
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
robrjohnson sounds like he has the answer.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:45 PM   #5
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I know. But on my Westin bed extenders, the tailgate has to be down to get the extender out. If the tailgate is locked, you can't get the extender out.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #6
stratton will become famous soon enough

stratton's Tacoma Gallery
bed extender

they both would work

Products Discussed in this Thread