Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Another one bites the dust

Old 09-04-2009, 11:26 AM   #1
Taco Supremist
spearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to all

spearhead's Tacoma Gallery
Another one bites the dust

Hydroplaned last weekend - I was holding out $$$ to get a set of BFGs and let my treadwear get a little low. Hit a downpour and almost immediately the back end came up a little and I think I did 2 full 360s into a median fence..... had no prayer of recovering.
I had just done 5100s all the way around and an AAL, about a month ago, too

And NO! You can't have my devil horns if they total it !!

Old 09-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #3
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
ouch, hope your ok.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
corona56 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tom
corona56's Tacoma Gallery
A friend of mind told me that he had a 4-runner that he thought was bad in the snow. I am coming from a full size Chevy and it never budged in the rain or snow. Are these Tacoma's 'iffy' in poor weather? I know the factory tires aren't great (at least they are rated pretty poor).
Old 09-04-2009, 11:39 AM   #6
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Tacoma and a 4Runner.....they both do great in the snow.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:40 AM   #7
Taco Supremist
spearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to all

spearhead's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for asking, I didn't get a scratch. No airbag deployment, so all is good there. This particular 'median fence' thing had these thick wires that got all up in the rear axle, I just don't know if they will total it try and fix it- check out the freaking hole it put in the passenger bottom there

Good news is, if I do have to replace it- I've already got one lined up:

Old 09-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #8
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, that sucks. I'm glad you're ok. It sounds like it could have been a lot worse.

+1 on the replacement!
Old 09-04-2009, 11:45 AM   #9
L8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant future

Air Force: Retired
L8Rmike's Tacoma Gallery
I hate the stock tires that came on the sport, mostly because of it's lack of rain driveablity. Hope it turns out Okay for you.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillynwv View Post
I have a Tacoma and a 4Runner.....they both do great in the snow.
Ok. I figured they should be good. They are little lighter (like 800 lbs) then my full size pickup so I could imagine a little more hydroplaning. But, the tires are also a little narrower and they have a lot better road feel (the GMC was more like steering a boat). I plan to loft the stock tires as soon as possible, but I figure they will probably be passable while they are band new. Thanks.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:48 AM   #11
spearhead, I hope you get your truck fixed "good as new'. The damage doesn't look that bad, but it doesn't take that much to total a vehicle these days. Looks like a nice truck.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:12 PM   #12
Phightin Phils 2008 Champs
Niknaq will become famous soon enoughNiknaq will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 1A3
Name: Nick
Niknaq's Tacoma Gallery
looks like your having a bad week topped off by an FSU loss to miami. nah JP, thank god youre ok could have been much worse! best of luck with the insurance comp.