Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

A.R.E. Cap? good price? good cap?

Old 09-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
bucksnort06 will become famous soon enough
Name: pete
bucksnort06's Tacoma Gallery
A.R.E. Cap? good price? good cap?

just got a quote for the cx model with windoors and rack for $1400 plus tax. is that a fair price?? are they as good as leer caps?? I can get a leer for just a bit more money.. thanks..
Old 09-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #2
BUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZ5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BUZZ5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort06 View Post
just got a quote for the cx model with windoors and rack for $1400 plus tax. is that a fair price?? are they as good as leer caps?? I can get a leer for just a bit more money.. thanks..
That's a pretty good price w/those extras.I paid just over $1300 installed for my CX w/neither of those options.On the A.R.E. site they did have a printable coupon for free folddown slider.They are quality caps,& Leer's are also.I have owned both & liked both,but have an A.R.E. dealer closer.I have also had a Leonard cap,it served it's purpose,but the quality wasn't like the A.R.E. or Leer.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:10 PM   #3
Yankee Oscar Tango Alpha
rngrchad is a name known to allrngrchad is a name known to allrngrchad is a name known to allrngrchad is a name known to allrngrchad is a name known to allrngrchad is a name known to all
Location: The former USA now USSA (United States Socialst America)
rngrchad's Tacoma Gallery
I love my ARE cap. Cost me 2100 bux!! here it is on my truck after a fishing trip:
Old 09-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
JayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to behold
JayAre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rngrchad View Post
I love my ARE cap. Cost me 2100 bux!! here it is on my truck after a fishing trip:
I assume you put that jon boat on the top...have any pics with it up there?
Old 09-07-2009, 09:46 PM   #5
Yankee Oscar Tango Alpha
rngrchad is a name known to allrngrchad is a name known to allrngrchad is a name known to allrngrchad is a name known to allrngrchad is a name known to allrngrchad is a name known to all
Location: The former USA now USSA (United States Socialst America)
rngrchad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAre View Post
I assume you put that jon boat on the top...have any pics with it up there?
Nope I shove that 14footer in the bed and strap her down.

I just recently welded up a trailer for it. Way way faster and easier on my back!!

Check this out. I caught is Saturday. 12+lbs.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope I shove that 14footer in the bed and strap her down.

I just recently welded up a trailer for it. Way way faster and easier on my back!!

Nice..... striper or hybrid?
Old 09-11-2009, 11:33 AM   #7
bucksnort06 will become famous soon enough
Name: pete
bucksnort06's Tacoma Gallery
Great stuff guys!! nice fish also.. I have an option of $75 off or a free interior liner.. What consists of the interior liner?? anyone have this?? thanks
Old 09-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #8
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
The interior liner is basically just carpeted interior surfaces (sides, around the windows, and ceiling).
Old 09-11-2009, 11:38 AM   #9
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
Get the carpet and you wont be dissapointed. It finishes the cap off real nice.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #10
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
Quote:
nice catch bro...that's a nice size striper...congrats
Old 10-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #11
aphillips66 is on a distinguished road
aphillips66's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up A.R.E. cap

Thanks, guys. I am looking into a cap. I think the ARE has the only one with the walk-in rear door. And there's a dealer close by.

I might have a Truxedo vinyl bed cover for sale soon. :~)