Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Taco Road Test

Old 12-31-2006, 09:06 AM   #1
Jeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to all

Army: Sp4 in Personel Section HQ CO.
Jeff's Tacoma Gallery
Taco Road Test

Hello members, in this months(Jan) Car and Driver they did a long term test of a 4door auto taco, this test might be of interest to new taco owners.
Car and Driver is not big on trucks, I think they perfer high end BMW's and Lexus's however it is a fair test, I believe.

Jeff
06, V6,SR5 6spd Brilliant Red, boat towing beauty
Old 01-01-2007, 12:16 PM   #2
Jeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to all

Army: Sp4 in Personel Section HQ CO.
Jeff's Tacoma Gallery
More info to the road test which is a 40K test on a 05, long bed 4 door Taco, auto, Brilliant Red I might add , my favorite color. To bring everyone up to date, it was used in a truck manor, towing, hauling etc. Anyone familiar with the workings of a auto mag knows it takes time to run 40K on then get the piece cropped for the particular month it will run.... The test is in the FEB 07 C/D not in the Jan issue like I quoted before.
d
One of the problems was a unlike Toyota spongy brake pedal and mushy feel, after going to the dealer, they found a few things out of adjustment and after the 40K , they replaced the stock pads with StopTech Axxis ULT pads on the front. Solved the problem and got a more normal feel. They expect the front pads will go 60K, rears 100,000. The StopTech pads are $8 cheaper than Taco pads.
They averaged 17mpg, for everything including accel tests when new and after 40K.
In the report they mentioned they the trailer tow pkg, No.8 ? Yet no TRD package.
When I tried to get my truck with the extra capacity goodies with a tow package, I was told that they don't make a tow pkg unless it includes a TRD pkg. Strange.
Total cost for this trk was 29.800 I hope you all get to look at it when it comes out. I would be interested in what TW owners think.

Jeff
Brilliant Red, V6,6spd,SR5, Access Cab, 4x4