Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

anyone heard or tried this?

Old 09-05-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
anyone heard or tried this?

its a good price but i know nothing about these

http://slrmotorsports.com/shop/index...t_detail&p=770
Old 09-05-2009, 11:54 PM   #2
socaltrucker00 is on a distinguished road
Name: Luis
socaltrucker00's Tacoma Gallery
that sounds sweet
Old 09-05-2009, 11:54 PM   #3
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Waste of money. Gimmick. No way that chip adds 50+ HP or Torque.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:58 PM   #4
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
I would almost try this im sure its not going to give u 50+ hp or torque but they do say

"Every SLR chip comes with a 100% Money Back Guarantee. The SLR performance chip also comes with a lifetime warranty and unmatched technical support!"
Old 09-06-2009, 12:13 AM   #5
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'd almost spend the $70 just to reverse engineer it and post the results. Click every auto manufacture and every model the page is the same and the cost is the same. Click on home and the first thing that is there is a picture of some high performance car with the text "Unleash hidden horsepower in your car! Up to +50hp in some models". Alarm bells are ringing.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:27 AM   #6
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
i looked on some other forums and so far everyone is in the same boat as us. sounds to good to be true but would a lot of people are almost willing to buy it since it offers a 100% moneyback if u dont like it. to me im fine with the power and if i had more power i would be just gassing my truck more so i would be getting worse gas mpg.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:37 AM   #7
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
I'd almost spend the $70 just to reverse engineer it and post the results. Click every auto manufacture and every model the page is the same and the cost is the same. Click on home and the first thing that is there is a picture of some high performance car with the text "Unleash hidden horsepower in your car! Up to +50hp in some models". Alarm bells are ringing.
TOYOTA TACOMA 1995-2009 PERFORMANCE CHIP

Seeing as they're entirely different systems from gen1 to gen 2.... that was my first alarm.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:44 AM   #8
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
I heard these chips are like little resistors, or something like that. They make your computer think its running xx* cooler and can cause damage later down the road/ fried the computer