Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bluetooth steering wheel controls.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:45 PM   #62
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
I got replacement buttons for both sides and the ribbon for my non JBL. Everything works and is color matched. Only the latest SWI-JACK supports bluetooh call answering. Volume and seek both work fine on the left.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:21 PM   #63
Lets Go State!
PSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to behold

PSUnick's Tacoma Gallery
jdkeller,

I just tried both part numbers at Toyotaworld.com and they both work. Make sure you are entering them into the OEM parts ordering webpage, and not an aftermarket parts search. At toyotaworld.com, click the link on the left that says "Order Toyota Parts Online". FYI, you can order them from any online OEM parts vendor, not just the one I referenced in this thread.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #65
db2 is on a distinguished road
db2's Tacoma Gallery
Has anybody tried this on a truck that didn't have the factory controls installed. Is just the airbag pad needed? I saw this asked earlier but I couldn't find an answer...
Thanks!
Old 02-21-2011, 02:05 PM   #66
ChuckD05 is on a distinguished road
ChuckD05's Tacoma Gallery
What all would be needed to do this in a 2011 TRD Offroad Doublecab with the 6 Disc Indash and Steering Wheel volume controls?

Kinda new here and Would like to have the ability to use bluetooth through my stereo.

What all would I have to purchase?

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #67
What we don't have we make.
Norcan is on a distinguished road

Name: Jerry
Norcan's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2011 Dbl Cab TRD Sport non- JBL with steering wheel audio controls. If I order the right side BT switch, the ribbon, and the large button BT kit is this all I need? Has anyone done this in a 2011?
Old 06-22-2011, 08:33 AM   #68
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcan View Post
I have a 2011 Dbl Cab TRD Sport non- JBL with steering wheel audio controls. If I order the right side BT switch, the ribbon, and the large button BT kit is this all I need? Has anyone done this in a 2011?
No. You would also need the mirror with the mic in it and the correct bluetooth stereo.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #69

Norcan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
No. You would also need the mirror with the mic in it and the correct bluetooth stereo.
Which stereo is the one needed for this? Or is this more trouble than it is worth?
Old 06-22-2011, 08:36 AM   #70
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcan View Post
Which stereo is the one needed for this? Or is this more trouble than it is worth?
Since you have a non JBL then you need a non JBL stereo with bluetooth.

It is more trouble than it is worth.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #71

Norcan's Tacoma Gallery
Ok thanks my Tacoma came with a non JBL BT ready HU, the stealership says all I need is the large or small button Blu Logic kit. Which apears to be very easy to install. I would like to get steering wheel controls instead of the ugly large button but I guess I may have to live with it.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #72
It works if you work it.
fbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant future

Name: Brian
fbconvert's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 05 jbl system with LH radio controls. I have a JBL radio from a 09+ tacoma. I just got done reading this thread among a few others, and it looks like everyone is using a aftermarket head unit. Never the less, I am hoping someone can help confirm something for me.

My plan is to order the RH steering controls and ribbon to connect to my LH steering wheel controls, then plug in my 09 HU. Will my only obstacle be wiring a mic? Buying a $500 mirror with a mic is out of the question.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:38 AM   #73
wjhunter3 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
wjhunter3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The BLU Logic w/ Large Button comes with a microphone, why would you need the mirror w/ mic also?
Old 07-14-2011, 09:12 AM   #74
It works if you work it.
fbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant future

From the website it appears it will not work in a jbl system. It is my understanding that the bluetooth is integrated in the jbl head unit. I am think I will just need the steering controls, the 09+ JBL HU, and a mic. But I don't know if it is that simple.

Edit: the image is taken from toyota parts zone
http://www.toyotapartszone.com/tacom...ons-16058.html
Old 08-01-2011, 05:52 AM   #75
wjhunter3 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
wjhunter3's Tacoma Gallery
I found part number 8425004010B0 that appears to be the left hand and right hand pads together with the cable for 2009-2011
Old 08-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #76
It works if you work it.

I started making my own switches while I try to search one out at a wrecking yard. Buying direct from the dealer is still too much for me.

My home made switches work when I hook them up to the left hand side control signal wires. I am able to adjust the volume and what not but when I hook it to the right hand side controls I get no response from the head unit. I am wondering if the microphone has to be connected before the Head Unit will respond to the steering wheel controls.

Here are some of my pictures...

Cheat sheet used for making the switch board:

Testing the switch board.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:59 AM   #77
CGsurf is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Avionics Electrical Technician
CGsurf's Tacoma Gallery
so if you have the pioneer z120bt and you use the SWI-PC you dont need to do any splicing or soldering? its just plug and play?
Old 10-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #78
Batchy is on a distinguished road
Batchy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconvert View Post
I have a 05 jbl system with LH radio controls. I have a JBL radio from a 09+ tacoma. I just got done reading this thread among a few others, and it looks like everyone is using a aftermarket head unit. Never the less, I am hoping someone can help confirm something for me.

My plan is to order the RH steering controls and ribbon to connect to my LH steering wheel controls, then plug in my 09 HU. Will my only obstacle be wiring a mic? Buying a $500 mirror with a mic is out of the question.
Did this work for you? I have 08 JBL want to change to 09+ w/ BT, XM, and add controls to wheel.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:28 AM   #79
It works if you work it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batchy View Post
Did this work for you? I have 08 JBL want to change to 09+ w/ BT, XM, and add controls to wheel.
I did. I made my own mic as well using parts from radioshack. If you have the older JBL stereo system with out bluetooth all you need is a 09+ JBL Headunit, less than $20 in parts from radioshack and some basic solder and wiring skills.

Here is my thread link on the project.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...05-tacoma.html

I realize it is a bit of a read but I tried to include as much information as I could. There was a lot of trouble shooting that I went through but hopefully it makes sense so someone else won't have to make the same mistakes. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #80
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
sub...