1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec 2.5" Lift Kit Questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JR4, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Sep 6, 2009 at 6:17 PM
    JR4

JR4 [OP] Member

Member:
    Bucks County, PA
    Vehicle:
    '07 DC Long Bed SR5 in SSM
    Deflector, skid plate, PA15, and alot more to do
    I am a new Tacoma owner ('07 DCLB pretty much stock except for some recent cosmetic mods). I know there is a ton of info on this forum and I've searched through pretty much all of it but I would still like to know your opinions:

1. If I get the 2.5" toytec lift, which diff drop spacer should be used (if any)?

2. I am sticking with the 2.5" (vs the 3" lift) due to trying to avoid having to purchase aftermarket UCA's which will push this mod out of my price range. Will the 2.5" lift still require UCAs if I want this done right?

I will be doing minimal off roading, mostly highway driving. I want the lift mostly for cosmetic reasons.

Thanks.

Here's a pic of the newest member of the family:

TacoPassSide.jpg

2. Sep 6, 2009 at 8:02 PM
    FloridaFeMan

FloridaFeMan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southwest Florida
    Vehicle:
    '10 FJ Cruiser 4x4, '09 Tacoma TRD DC Sport
    great looking truck and welcome!

the advice that has been given to me time and time again is to first put the lift on. after the lift is on and the alignment is done, drive the truck for awhile and see how you like the handling, etc. At that point you can decide if you need new UCAs. This is the route I am going. After thorough research, I am going with the OME suspension lift from the Toytec website. Good luck!

3. Sep 6, 2009 at 8:09 PM
    Gsquare

Gsquare The G stands for smooth

Member:
    First Name:
    GG
    Lone Star State
    Vehicle:
    2018 - TRD Off Road 4x4 - Cement / Graphite - DCSB
    ReadyLIFT 3/2 Lift Kit, T-Force TRD Black Satin Spoke Wheels, OEM TRD Red/Black Resin Center Wheel Hub Covers, Toyo P285/70R17 Open Country AT's, SpiderTrax 1.25 F/R Wheel Spacers, Blackout Pkg: Tailgate Letters, Badges and Tailpipe Extension, Qi Wireless Charging, LED Bed Lights, Power Tailgate Lock, Shark Running Boards, Weathertech Floor Mats, U.S. Airforce Decal Drivers Side Rear Window, MESO Gasshole Fuel Cap Holder, OEM Trailer Hitch Cap
  4. Sep 7, 2009 at 4:31 AM
    JR4

JR4 [OP] Member

Member:
    Bucks County, PA
    Vehicle:
    The ULK would be awesome but I was looking at the kit below with the addition of the diff drop:

5. Sep 7, 2009 at 5:15 AM
    imsikotic

imsikotic If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
    I have the 3" toytec spacer kit with no new UCAs and I beat the shit out of her in the desert all the time. I am also a PreRunner so Im not sure how that would effect a 4Wd. But good luck and have fun.

6. Sep 7, 2009 at 6:40 AM
    JR4

JR4 [OP] Member

Member:
    Bucks County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I think I am going to go with the LR UCA only because I will have this truck for a really long time and I do not want any handling probs when my wife drives it (or better yet if my wife drives it).

Products Discussed in

To Top