Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toytec 2.5" Lift Kit Questions

Old 09-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #1
JR4 is on a distinguished road
JR4's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec 2.5" Lift Kit Questions

I am a new Tacoma owner ('07 DCLB pretty much stock except for some recent cosmetic mods). I know there is a ton of info on this forum and I've searched through pretty much all of it but I would still like to know your opinions:

1. If I get the 2.5" toytec lift, which diff drop spacer should be used (if any)?

2. I am sticking with the 2.5" (vs the 3" lift) due to trying to avoid having to purchase aftermarket UCA's which will push this mod out of my price range. Will the 2.5" lift still require UCAs if I want this done right?

I will be doing minimal off roading, mostly highway driving. I want the lift mostly for cosmetic reasons.

Thanks.

Here's a pic of the newest member of the family:
Attached Thumbnails
Toytec 2.5" Lift Kit Questions-tacopassside.jpg  
Old 09-06-2009, 09:02 PM   #2
FloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the rough
Army: 66H8A  DDEAMC
FloridaFeMan's Tacoma Gallery
great looking truck and welcome!

the advice that has been given to me time and time again is to first put the lift on. after the lift is on and the alignment is done, drive the truck for awhile and see how you like the handling, etc. At that point you can decide if you need new UCAs. This is the route I am going. After thorough research, I am going with the OME suspension lift from the Toytec website. Good luck!
Old 09-06-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GG
Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
#1 - Welcome!

#2 - If going with the Toytec ULK - go with that. Although, there is further debate on whether the diff. drop is needed or not.

#3 - http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...alignment.html
Old 09-07-2009, 05:31 AM   #4
JR4's Tacoma Gallery
The ULK would be awesome but I was looking at the kit below with the addition of the diff drop:

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 09-07-2009, 07:40 AM   #6
JR4's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the responses everyone. I think I am going to go with the LR UCA only because I will have this truck for a really long time and I do not want any handling probs when my wife drives it (or better yet if my wife drives it).