Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Mag Grey, 2010

Old 09-07-2009, 06:05 AM   #1
East Ender
danb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
danb86's Tacoma Gallery
Mag Grey, 2010

Picked up Friday morning! Went from 2009 4x2 5 lug to this and can't believe what a difference few inches makes...

Ride seems tighter, more comfortable. Didn't notice if headrest shape changed any (possibly more rounded). Cup holder DID NOT change as we have a manual...

Hope stock radio ailments are cured as volume knob knurling pattern is slightly altered. Hopefully this means batch of radios is different.

Magnetic Grey is WAY nicer to look at the Black Sand Pearl we had (just couldn't keep it clean enough).

First fill from delivery as new we got 21.4 mpg.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:09 AM   #2
East Ender
danb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

danb86's Tacoma Gallery
Mag Grey, 2010-img_2293.jpg

Mag Grey, 2010-img_2294.jpg

Mag Grey, 2010-img_2296.jpg
Old 09-07-2009, 06:26 AM   #3
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Good deal, going from 5 lug to 4wd is like taking a huge dump.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:53 AM   #4
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Looks Great!! AC's are awesome!!

Cheers.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:19 AM   #6
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
Taco's for All's Tacoma Gallery
Did it come stock with the TRD off-road wheels?
Old 09-07-2009, 07:23 AM   #7
Be a fountain, not a drain.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danb86 View Post
...and can't believe what a difference few inches makes...

That's what she said!!!
Old 09-07-2009, 08:17 AM   #10
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrin55 View Post
Wow, this is more common than I thought. I had a 2009 Magnetic Gray 4x2 Access Cab base that was only 4 months old. After constant persuasions from another TW member I traded it in for a 2010 Magnetic Gray TRD Sport Prerunner. I am happy about the trade. The only draw back is the gas mileage from a 4 banger to a V6.
did you have to pay alot extra after trading up?
i've had my truck for about 4 months now too... and i'm kinda regretting going with the 4bangar... still on the fence about it
i'd like to trade up to the sr5 4x4 v6 manual but according to the blackbook its already depreciated quite a bit from what i payed for it. :S
that and i've debadged it (tossed the badges) and cut up my grill for the grillcraft. still have the stock wheels and radio though
Old 09-07-2009, 08:18 AM   #11
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I did the same trade as the OP, 5 lug access -> 4wd access. I lost about $3500 in depreciation on the first truck.

Which, for me, was coincidentally approximately what I was going to spend to get new UCA's, coilovers/shocks, leaf springs, wheels, and tires to make the old one look like, well, this one does.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:32 AM   #12
Edrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEdrin55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
Edrin55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttylerr View Post
did you have to pay alot extra after trading up?
i've had my truck for about 4 months now too... and i'm kinda regretting going with the 4bangar... still on the fence about it

Without doubt I would say do it. Just dont be in a hurry. Shop around from dealer to dealer. Stay firm on your negotiations.
My 2009 4banger I bought for $20500. OTD. Trade in value they gave me was $18000. The 2010 TRD Sport Prerunner MSRP was $26,574. Negotiated price was $22970 + 12% (taxes,title & license fee in CA). Total OTD was $25725. Yeah awsome deal for both. I did my research for about 2 weeks before doing it. Also I had to try 3 Toyota dealers before the 3rd one made the deal. Today the 2010 is 8 days old.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #13
East Ender

danb86's Tacoma Gallery
The wheels in the pictures came as is - whether they were stock or part of the SR5 package, I didn't really pay attention...

As for trading up, if you're not happy with what you've got, definitely trade it in and do it sooner rather than later to keep as much trade in value as you can...

I'm going to ride this thing as is for now, but next spring I'll be pimping new rims/tires, a satellite radio, maybe a Kenwood DVD/nav unit, and some blue LEDs for my gauge cluster - I hate the amber...
Old 09-07-2009, 12:34 PM   #14
Wheels look like they're the same as mine, which is the alloy 16" wheel upgrade, but not TRD
Old 09-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #15
East Ender

danb86's Tacoma Gallery
Roger that, definitely not the TRD package...
Old 09-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #16
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
Wheels look like they're the same as mine, which is the alloy 16" wheel upgrade, but not TRD
thats right...400 dollar wheel upgrade, not "trd wheels"
Old 09-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #17
Im kinda a big deal
JHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 2T251*Air Transportation*437th APS
Name: Justin
JHAirForce05's Tacoma Gallery
Very Nice
Old 09-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #18
Shades_Of_Red will become famous soon enough

Shades_Of_Red's Tacoma Gallery
Those 16" wheels ARE the same wheels as the TRD Off Road Package wheels.