Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Plastic Bed Rail Covers

Old 01-11-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
Plastic Bed Rail Covers

Anyone ever removed the plastic bed rail covers that run from the cab to the tail gate?

i want to mount that bull bar and i need to removed that to see exactly what's under there. i know there is a plastic pushbutton type deal near the tailgate... kind like the clips or whatever holding the door panels on.

anyway, anyone know how to take that off?
Old 01-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
Billy will become famous soon enough
Name: Billy
Billy's Tacoma Gallery
Preach it, Brother!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Why do you need to remove the bed rail caps to mount a bull bar ?

If you dig through my gallery , near the end there is a pic of the bed with the caps removed

The caps are held on with tabs as you described
Old 01-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Jackson View Post
Anyone ever removed the plastic bed rail covers that run from the cab to the tail gate?

Yes I have

i want to mount that bull bar and i need to removed that to see exactly what's under there.

bull bars go in front of the truck not the back

i know there is a plastic pushbutton type deal near the tailgate... kind like the clips or whatever holding the door panels on.

2 clips in the rear are the only things you need to remove. The rest just pop out.

anyway, anyone know how to take that off?
pull the 2 clips and pop the rest
Old 02-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
jhu616 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tripp
jhu616's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys I know this thread is really old, but if you remove that plastic piece....will it go back on properly? The guy who had my truck before me really screwed mine up and they look like crap so I'm thinking of buying some new ones and putting them on

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhu616 View Post
Hey guys I know this thread is really old, but if you remove that plastic piece....will it go back on properly? The guy who had my truck before me really screwed mine up and they look like crap so I'm thinking of buying some new ones and putting them on

Thanks!

yes they go back on just fine.

all you will need is the 2 clips if they are missing or broken...even without them they will go on...just not sure how long they will stay there
Old 02-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #7
jhu616 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tripp
jhu616's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
yes they go back on just fine.

all you will need is the 2 clips if they are missing or broken...even without them they will go on...just not sure how long they will stay there
Alright sweet thanks! now i gotta find some....