1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Taco Paint and interior protection. Worth it & what do they spray?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ERdept, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Jan 12, 2008 at 6:01 PM
    ERdept

ERdept [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Was at the dealer today and they talked about the multi year paint and interior protection.

It consisted of spraying the exterior paint with something and the interior as well.

Know what this stuff is and is it worth it?

2. Jan 12, 2008 at 6:44 PM
    tacotoe

tacotoe Pastry Chef

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    `17 AC Sport MT
    ARE Topper, Icon aal, OEM Audio+
    Not sure about what Toyota uses for a paint/interior protection. I do know there are some good products out there. I enjoy washing and waxing my vehicle so I didnt get the paint prot.I did buy a can of Scotch-Guard and spray the interior,I also went to Ziebart for Rust Protection.
    If you dont want to wax your vehicle, I would say get the multi-year stuff. With some products your not supposed to use wax or polish...
    When I had my `99 Ranger done, they gave me a kit for maintence(seemed like wax/polish to me but lasted much longer).

3. Jan 12, 2008 at 7:26 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    I'm in the same boat. Interior gets scotch guard every 6 months and waxed every 3-4 months!..Don't forget seat covers and weather tech mats!

4. Oct 31, 2008 at 8:39 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dug up this thread due to the discussion on the wet okole seat covers going on right now.

I had Xzilon paint and fabric protector put on at the dealership. Got it done cheap and I know the majority stance on this type of purchase. I could feel the protection that was sprayed on the fabric. Its worked well.
    I read Chris' great view on the seat covers after being at the lake. Makes good sense.

Does anyone else have seat covers on after having a fabric protector sprayed on at the dealership. Would like to have some, but I'm thinking why not wait until the seats look bad then buy some to spice up the interior?

Thoughts:confused:

Products Discussed in

To Top