LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Taco Paint and interior protection. Worth it & what do they spray?

Old 01-12-2008, 06:01 PM   #1
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Taco Paint and interior protection. Worth it & what do they spray?

Was at the dealer today and they talked about the multi year paint and interior protection.

It consisted of spraying the exterior paint with something and the interior as well.

Know what this stuff is and is it worth it?
Old 01-12-2008, 06:44 PM   #2
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure about what Toyota uses for a paint/interior protection. I do know there are some good products out there. I enjoy washing and waxing my vehicle so I didnt get the paint prot.I did buy a can of Scotch-Guard and spray the interior,I also went to Ziebart for Rust Protection.
If you dont want to wax your vehicle, I would say get the multi-year stuff. With some products your not supposed to use wax or polish...
When I had my `99 Ranger done, they gave me a kit for maintence(seemed like wax/polish to me but lasted much longer).
Old 01-12-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

I'm in the same boat. Interior gets scotch guard every 6 months and waxed every 3-4 months!..Don't forget seat covers and weather tech mats!
Old 10-31-2008, 08:39 PM   #4
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Dug up this thread due to the discussion on the wet okole seat covers going on right now.

I had Xzilon paint and fabric protector put on at the dealership. Got it done cheap and I know the majority stance on this type of purchase. I could feel the protection that was sprayed on the fabric. Its worked well.
I read Chris' great view on the seat covers after being at the lake. Makes good sense.

Does anyone else have seat covers on after having a fabric protector sprayed on at the dealership. Would like to have some, but I'm thinking why not wait until the seats look bad then buy some to spice up the interior?

Thoughts

Products Discussed in this Thread