1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PA15-TOY installation link

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by george3, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Sep 9, 2009 at 5:14 PM
    george3

george3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    Put the PA15-TOY in. Works great, no problems. I used this link http://www.acceleroto.com/pa15toy/ which made it a snap, I have the same radio. Some of the posts show different radios then mine.I just put all the wire and box in the glove compartment instead of trying to jam it all behind the radio.

2. Sep 9, 2009 at 9:13 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    I am tempted to get one. I had a pxamg unit in my Accord and it had it's issues but I failed to read the instructions before I installed it-namely the part where it said download the latest firmware update before installing. I wondered if I did that if it would have fixed the issues I had. Oh well.

3. Sep 9, 2009 at 11:17 PM
    09tacoLI

09tacoLI Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island ny
    Vehicle:
    09 off road
    Shrockworks sliders,Shrockworks Front bumper,Warn 9.5xp winch,Toytec Ult.3in,Total Chaos UCAs,AP expo Rear, Fox remote resi shocks Bud built skids,Piaa 7in,Piaa yellow plasma Off road lights.
    Really good install directions.

4. Sep 10, 2009 at 2:57 AM
    george3

george3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    Thanks. I thought so too. I'd like 2 C it as a sticky. Maybe someone who knows how could do that. Could help others with this mod. When I did mine I searched and there was 3 pages on PA15-TOY, a lot to read thru.

5. Oct 24, 2009 at 1:55 PM
    Just4fununlimited

Just4fununlimited Turtle

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyrtl
    Cerritos/Originally from the island of Guam
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner TRD Off Road SR5
    Toytec 3" Lift with 1.5" Lift block in the rear 285/75/16 COOPER STT 16" Eagle Alloy Style 101 PA15 TOY Decepticon Emblem courtesy of Metalmiller TRD Urban Assault Emblem courtesy of Sockmonkey More to come...
    Just installed the PA15-TOY and it works great!! Great investment and very easy to install.

6. Aug 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM
    wacawaca

wacawaca Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 DBL Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    Toytec 3" 5100 kit
    I've got a PA15-TOY as well and like it a lot.

I never liked the idea of the glove box install, so I have my iPhone cable coming out of the little coin tray at the bottom right of the steering column. The cable coils up and fits perfectly in the tray. I could have drilled a neater looking hole or put a little grommet on there or something, but nobody can see back there anyway.

I traded in my 2005 for a 2010 last week (sort of an unplanned event) and ripped out the PA15-TOY at the dealership while I was cleaning my stuff out. :)

Just stuck it in my new truck (I had the cable coming out of the coin tray in the 2005 as well, it was there for ~3-4 yrs).

Pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top