Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Running Board Recommendations?

Old 12-31-2006, 09:58 PM   #1
healthylaugh is on a distinguished road
healthylaugh's Tacoma Gallery
Question Running Board Recommendations?

I have an '06 TRD Off Road V-6 SR-5 Access cab in Silver Mica and I'd like to outfit it with some nerf bars (tubular running boards with flattened "step" pads).

Silver, chrome, or black will work because of my truck's color.

Can someone recommend the best VALUE? Not necessarily the cheapest (unless you feel it doesn't matter too much), but definitely something easy to install (I"m assuming there are many that can be outfitted with zero drilling?)...

Thanks and happy new year!
Old 01-01-2007, 07:11 AM   #2
Bulldogger is on a distinguished road
Bulldogger's Tacoma Gallery
ebay vendor dealsofsteal.com sells stainless steel nerf bars with lifetime guarantee, I beleive they are 189.00 shipped, which is about as cheap as you can find them. Also check TRDpartsforU.com I think they have a left over set of stainless steel bars for an access cab for 159.00 plus shipping. Hope this helps, Dave
Old 01-01-2007, 09:36 AM   #3
funky link??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogger View Post
ebay vendor dealsofsteal.com sells stainless steel nerf bars with lifetime guarantee, I beleive they are 189.00 shipped, which is about as cheap as you can find them. Also check TRDpartsforU.com I think they have a left over set of stainless steel bars for an access cab for 159.00 plus shipping. Hope this helps, Dave
thanks, bulldogger Dave...

I'm very interested int he $159 leftovers, but when I go to that URL, it looks like one of those generic links that gives a bunch of links to other sites and has no real information of its own? If you could PM me and post the exact link URL, I would be grateful.

Thanks,
Rick
Old 01-01-2007, 09:39 AM   #4
jrallan26 is on a distinguished road

jrallan26's Tacoma Gallery
If you are going to use TRDpartsforU.com ask for Phil. He may even give you a "good guy discount".
Old 01-01-2007, 07:51 PM   #5
I'll post Dave "bulldogger"'s reply because others may find it as helpful as I did:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogger
http://www.trdparts4u.com/ME-CBFJ.aspx This is the link for the toyota bars at 159.00 now scroll down the page to running boards/side steps.
Deals of steel are at this link put in year of truck / model and you see accessories they make.
http://dealsofsteel.com/catalog/index.php
I ordered a set for my 07 Dbl cab but at the moment they are out of stock. I bought a set from them about 2 years ago for my Dakota and the product/quality was great.
I'll let you know how I make out, and many thanks for the terrific input!

Rock
Old 01-02-2007, 05:05 AM   #6
Bulldogger is on a distinguished road
Bulldogger's Tacoma Gallery
No problem,anytime.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #7
poundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scot
poundin tacos's Tacoma Gallery
So which ones did you get?
Old 10-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Holy thread revival.... the OP hasn't logged in, in over 3 years
Old 10-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #9
poundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedpoundin tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scot
poundin tacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Holy thread revival.... the OP hasn't logged in, in over 3 years
I know. I was bored so I went to the last page