Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OEM Front Skid Plate - Paint Design Ideas

Old 09-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
IrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to behold

IrishPilot's Tacoma Gallery
OEM Front Skid Plate - Paint Design Ideas

My front skid plate arrived today for my Super White and I plan on painting it black (dont really think the silver goes with the white truck...dunno). Thought about painting it white, but figured it would take a beating from the road and I would always bee patching it.

Anyway.

Im looking at doing some sort of white paint design on it...be it a big TRD like others have done, maybe some vertical white racing stripes...anything. It just seems like when you go straight black the skid "dissapears" into the rest of the black undercarriadge...so Id like to make it stick out some.

So. Hit me with some ideas! Bonus points for anyone who can photoshop or windows paint an idea or two and post it.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:46 AM   #3
IrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to behold

Bumpsky. Got some rustoleum rubberized undercoat in black and some semi-gloss white and plan to paint her up this morning. Need some last minute ideas!
Old 09-11-2009, 06:12 AM   #4
( . Y . ) = :)
TacoTRD420 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jake
TacoTRD420's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TacoTRD420
I thinking of getting one to. How much you payed for it from the dealer?
Old 09-11-2009, 06:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTRD420 View Post
I thinking of getting one to. How much you payed for it from the dealer?
I ordered it online from Tacoma Parts Store...

http://www.tacomapartsstore.com/inde...17dc348bc306a6

It was $155 and $170 shipped. My local dealer wanted over $200 and we would have had to order it.

I cant believe how out to lunch the prices are on accessories at my dealer. Not to mention they have to order it anyway. I can see paying a little more for being able to get it now...but...
Old 09-11-2009, 08:10 AM   #6
( . Y . ) = :)
TacoTRD420 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jake
TacoTRD420's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TacoTRD420
k thanks man
Old 09-11-2009, 08:27 AM   #7
AlphaPlanner
thestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
thestrangebrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RedComa View Post
here is mine...
[IMG][/IMG]
I've been thinking of painting mine similar to this but white trd instead of red. But I may just go black and get a decal to put on it instead. Haven't decided yet.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #8
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
^ Go with the decal it will probably be a lot easier then painting it on ^
Old 09-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #9
09REDTRD is on a distinguished road

09REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
painted mine gray to match my grill
Attached Thumbnails
OEM Front Skid Plate - Paint Design Ideas-004.jpg  
Old 09-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09REDTRD View Post
That looks pretty sweet as well!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #11
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09REDTRD View Post
That looks really good, doesn't stick out too much.

You can get the skid plates on ebay for around $120 shipped.......
Old 09-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
That looks really good, doesn't stick out too much.

You can get the skid plates on ebay for around $120 shipped.......
Show me.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #13
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPilot View Post
Show me.

$111.50 shipped.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Old 09-11-2009, 05:51 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
Wrong skid plate

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...=p4506.c0.m245

Old 09-11-2009, 06:11 PM   #15
Rompin Around

Sorry didn't know there were multiple skid plates out there.