Notices

factory fog switch for Hella Black Magic Lights

Old 09-11-2009, 02:12 AM   #1
Krusey1011 is on a distinguished road

Marines: Ordnance
Name: Kyle
Krusey1011's Tacoma Gallery
factory fog switch for Hella Black Magic Lights

So I installed my dual Hella Black Magic behind the grill headlights and I ordered the factory fog light switch from the stealership for a factory look. Only thing is, it's a 4 prong switch that requires a plug on the back side that it didn't come with. For my 3 wires. The guy at the stealership told me he could only find it where I purchase the entire harness and wiring with the plug. I could use some other switch but I already paid $70 bucks for this one. (dumb idea!) oh well it's already done. So I looked around and found some similar threads but nothing that helps. IDK maybe I'll just keep the cheap-o-switch I got and waste the $70 bucks. It Don't look bad. I want to move on to bigger and better mods! hahah So if anyone knows, please drop some info. Otherwise F it! Some other time.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:21 AM   #2
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
found thses numbers on toyota nation:

Toyota Connector Housing (90980-11090)
Terminal Wires for Connector (82998-12340 4 required)

four wires and the plastic connector that plugs into the back of the switch. insert wires into plastic piece, plug into fog light switch.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:25 AM   #3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Probably gonna need this info for my ebay fogs to factory switch hookup. Good info! Rep for u.........
Old 09-11-2009, 03:26 AM   #4

Yeah I seen that here on TW and I think it's the same thing the dealer had but I never gave it a chance. I'll check it out n see if it will do the trick. Thanks for the effort! NE and every bit helps
Old 09-11-2009, 03:36 AM   #5
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Connector Housing (90980-11090)
Termainal Wires for Connector (82998-12340 4 required)
Old 09-11-2009, 03:40 AM   #6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
OK, rep for u too...because you live in HI
Old 09-11-2009, 07:34 AM   #7
fritzthecat will become famous soon enough

Navy:
fritzthecat's Tacoma Gallery
Just to tick you off, the OEM light switch is U$25 on Ebay.

There are 4 terminals on the switch. Two are for the backlight, the other two are for the actual switching. A multimeter will let you figure out which terminals do what.
In my install I didn't bother with a factory connector. I soldered two wires with plugs on the two on/off metal traces of the switch. Didn't bother with backlight.

Fritz
Old 09-11-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Probably gonna need this info for my ebay fogs to factory switch hookup. Good info! Rep for u.........
thanks! glad to help when i can.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:27 AM   #9
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
It's funny this thread came up. I don't have a link at the moment, but I think a bunch of guys over on the FJC forums had this discussion. I think someone ended up finding a switch just like the factory one, but with only 3 standard prongs. I think they ordered from Allied electronics or Digikey. Something like that. In any case it was way cheaper than buying a factory button and special harness.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzthecat View Post
Just to tick you off, the OEM light switch is U$25 on Ebay.
Yeah, I seen this. Live n learn. I'm sure I could have found a better switch tho too.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #11

Took that part # to the stealership and it turned out to be a single terminal wire. That's it! So, I'm just going to solder the wires onto the switch.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #12
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusey1011 View Post
Took that part # to the stealership and it turned out to be a single terminal wire. That's it! So, I'm just going to solder the wires onto the switch.

Huh? I just and I mean just got back from the dealership picking up the switches using the part number provided in this thread and the two switches I got are both three terminal switches. Not sure what your dealership ordered you or did you order the push button?
Old 09-12-2009, 02:30 PM   #13

Yeah, I got the push button. Same as the fog light push button switch. IDK Why the came up with just a terminal wire. I used the second part # and that's what it came up with. Oh well, soldering should work
Old 09-24-2009, 06:15 AM   #14
Fishpig is on a distinguished road
Fishpig's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have the wiring info on the 4 wires to the OEM switch?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:11 AM   #15
Lets Go State!
PSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to beholdPSUnick is a splendid one to behold

PSUnick's Tacoma Gallery
Guys I put the OEM fog light switch in the position to the right of the factory fog light switch (Traction Control Switch location I believe) for a DTRL kill switch. When I popped out the blank cover there already was a plug there, and it was wired. All four wires were installed in the plug. This pic is of that prewired connector after I pulled the two of wires for the LED out.

If your vehicle did not come with a fog lights from factory, you may have the connector already wired behind your blank cover. I don't know for sure because mine had fog lights from the factory. So I reused the two for the LED on my new switch, because they are already were wired to come on with my lights.

Note that the all of the switches are keyed to go into a certain place on the dash, so I had to modify my new fog light DTRL switch to fit in the open location.

Here is a pic of the new DTRL kill switch. I need to find a way to label them 'FOG' and 'DTRL' Any Ideas?

Old 09-24-2009, 07:38 AM   #17
Kiss My IFS
yotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
yotarob2005's Tacoma Gallery
I got switch part number 00550-35976 from the dealership for $9. It is not the same as the fog light switch but still is a direct fit & uses 3 wires. It is a rocker style, not push button. It looks good imo, like it belongs there.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #18

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotarob2005 View Post
I got switch part number 00550-35976 from the dealership for $9. It is not the same as the fog light switch but still is a direct fit & uses 3 wires. It is a rocker style, not push button. It looks good imo, like it belongs there.
pic?
Old 09-27-2009, 12:36 AM   #19

Damn! I wish I would have paid closer attention to your post PSUnick. I only paid attention to how to make the switch fit into the slot by removing the notch. I didn't know I could remove the wires with the metal tabs. I cut the wires and pulled them out then re soldered them on. alot of extra work I didn't need to do. Whatever, it's done and working now. Heres what it looked like.
Alot more work as you can see. Hahah Live n learn! I'm just glad it works Great post though man!
Old 09-27-2009, 03:03 AM   #20
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Krusey,
any pics of the blackmagics behind the grill? This is exactly what I would like to do. I don't have the technical know how.