Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Old School Toyota Emblem

Old 09-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #1
TacomaMuddin2007 will become famous soon enough
Name: Alex
TacomaMuddin2007's Tacoma Gallery
Old School Toyota Emblem

Hey y'all, I searched the site for Replacement toyota emblems but i could not find what i was looking for. Im looking to find where i can get one of the "old school" toyota emblems, like the ones found on the FJs n such. I have been looking for a while on the net trying to locate the exact one that I want but no real luck. I noticed that some people such as WW_FIREFIGHTER's tacoma, that can be seen in the upper right hand of the screen, have what i am looking for. or something similar atleast. But i would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction so i can find one of these emblems.

I also am looking for a nice black billet grill so i can put the "old school" toyota emblem in it. so if neone knows good brands i would appreciate info on it as well.

Thanks again
Old 09-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #3
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.sor.com/sor/cat161.tam?xa...ctx=cat161.tam
Old 09-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nad's Tacoma Gallery
that site has all the different versions if you want the large one tho your looking around 100 bucks
Old 09-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #5
i appreciate it. what size for the logo would one suggest? or does it really matter?
Old 09-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #6
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
well i honestly think the largest one looks the best, the one in the top right is the same size as one that just sold on here for like 30 bucks or something. I was going to put it on my truck but I didnt have the cash atm. Now I am just thinking its not really worth the money. I like the way my grill looks now
Old 09-11-2009, 09:41 AM   #7
yeah nad ur truck is sick, and the grille looks great. I think that my tacoma would look badass if i get a black grille and that TOYOTA logo and i paint the logo silver. There is only one problem, i do not know if my brush guard and the new grill and logo look too over done. So pretty much i have no clue if it will look good or not.

opinions?

and also huntertodd, i was lookin at the grilles on autopartswarehouse.com and they do not elaborate too much on what they are selling. for instance, the price will be different on what appears to be the same grille and all the pictures are identical...
Old 09-11-2009, 09:45 AM   #8
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
well i guess it would be personal preference, your brush guard does cover quite a bit but seems to leave the grill area fairly open.

Do you plan on doing a satoshi mod or putting in a grillcraft?
Old 09-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #9
TACOFEAVER is a glorious beacon of lightTACOFEAVER is a glorious beacon of lightTACOFEAVER is a glorious beacon of lightTACOFEAVER is a glorious beacon of lightTACOFEAVER is a glorious beacon of light

TACOFEAVER's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

try your local dealership... I asked my parts dept for a 12" badge from a Landcruiser FJ62. This will give you the large badge you're looking for. When I sourced mine last week it cost me half of any website, and there were 3 in a california warehouse. Now, I'm guessing there are currently 2.... but its original - its toyota - and its the best price around! (it actually arrived today - pic attached)
Attached Thumbnails
Old School Toyota Emblem-satoshi-start.jpg  
Old 09-11-2009, 09:48 AM   #10
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
nice how much did that cost you?
Old 09-11-2009, 09:48 AM   #11
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaMuddin2007 View Post
yeah nad ur truck is sick
I forgot to say thanks
Old 09-11-2009, 10:05 AM   #13
TACOFEAVER is a glorious beacon of lightTACOFEAVER is a glorious beacon of lightTACOFEAVER is a glorious beacon of lightTACOFEAVER is a glorious beacon of lightTACOFEAVER is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nad View Post
nice how much did that cost you?
$50 cdn
Old 09-11-2009, 10:08 AM   #14
mmmm tacos!

nad's Tacoma Gallery
thats not to bad then
Old 09-11-2009, 10:49 AM   #15

to make it easy for anyone wanting this particular part

part number is #75311-90K00

Available through any Toyota Dealership Parts Department!
Old 09-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #16
KodiakVA is on a distinguished road
KodiakVA's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting the part number!

Does that emblem screw on or is it stuck on?
Old 09-11-2009, 05:12 PM   #17

It does screw on - looks like some modification will be needed on either end - havent gotten to that part yet...
Attached Thumbnails
Old School Toyota Emblem-satoshi-2.jpg  
Old 09-11-2009, 05:17 PM   #18
Drive a Tacito, and proud of it!
rosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to behold
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
Cheap grille guard on ebay. What do yall think?

I don't have tons of money for stuff, but I do eventually want a wrap around grille guard for my truck. I found this one that is about half the price that I have seen even the simplest ones go for elsewhere. Do yall think this is a good guard?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...Q5fAccessories
Old 09-11-2009, 05:18 PM   #19
Drive a Tacito, and proud of it!
rosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to behold
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
IU am so sorry! I meant to post this in another thead! Never mind!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:05 PM   #20
yellowlab will become famous soon enoughyellowlab will become famous soon enough
yellowlab's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered mine up on TRDparts.com for $32.22 US including free shipping!