Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

i am now officially a "real" tacoma world member :)

Old 09-13-2009, 09:05 AM   #1
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
i am now officially a "real" tacoma world member :)

i have been lurking on this forum for over a year now; talking about getting a tacoma. but i have been dragging my heals about purchasing one because i am upsidedown on a lease on another vehicle. i am 4 months from the end of that lease and my wife and i agreed that it would be ok to make 2 truck payments for a while. so, i started looking for a 2009, 4x4, DC, off-road, short bed, magnetic gray, but no dealer in so cal could find a 2009. so i started searching for a 2010, but the 2010's are rolling in sooo slowly and they are picked up as soon as they show up on the lot. i could order one, but who knows how long that would take.

so, last thursday, the guys at the santa monica dealer said that they had the exact truck i wanted (except it was in silver, not the gray) coming in on saturday. silver was my second choice in color so i thought i should jump on it while i had the chance. so my wife took me down to the dealer... and.... Tah-Dah!!!!

a 2010 4x4, DC, off-road, shortbed, automatic, JBL, floor mats...

black skid plates and tow hooks

happy guy

brand new

my first mod.... of many i am sure...

i owe my wife big time!! she knew i have been wanting a tacoma for quite some time and (partly just to shut me up about it ) she agreed that i could go ahead with it. she has been so supportive of me.... yay wifey

eventually, i will be mildly lifting it and putting on larger tires, but that will have to wait until next year.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:17 AM   #5
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome!!!

Reminds me of my old 2005 I had. Except it was a 6 speed.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:18 AM   #6
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck, congrats!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:21 AM   #7
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAmonkey View Post
happy guy
Your shirt is awesome!!

Congrats on the purchase!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #8
stang88 is on a distinguished road
stang88's Tacoma Gallery
we have the same truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

next to speedway blue.... silver is the best looking color!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #9
FoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud of
Name: Kevin
FoxRacR17's Tacoma Gallery
congrats dude! but when i bought my truck she only had 11 miles on her so i win! lol, i guess not many people are interested in test driving manuals :shrug:
Old 09-13-2009, 09:26 AM   #10
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
WOW! You are a happy camper right about now. Did you sleep in your truck yet? Did you park it next to the window so you could see it when looking through the blinds or curtains? Did you mow down the lawn with it yet? Do you find yourself now going through the drive-thru of your favorite restaurant instead of getting out? HAHA! True ownerships at its finest. Congrats on the truck man.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:31 AM   #11
Old Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old Soul's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! congratulations on the truck. I figured out I was buying a Tacoma a month before I bought one. Guess I procrastinate, lol
Old 09-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #12
bluecluee is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
bluecluee's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new truck! Hows the Bluetooth working for you?
Old 09-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #13
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Every time I come out of the house, store, or work and see my taco I smile to myself, but U sound nutty'r then me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
WOW! You are a happy camper right about now. Did you sleep in your truck yet? Did you park it next to the window so you could see it when looking through the blinds or curtains? Did you mow down the lawn with it yet? Do you find yourself now going through the drive-thru of your favorite restaurant instead of getting out? HAHA! True ownerships at its finest. Congrats on the truck man.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #14
FoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud ofFoxRacR17 has much to be proud of
Name: Kevin
FoxRacR17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
WOW! Did you park it next to the window so you could see it when looking through the blinds or curtains?
I ACTUALLY did this
Old 09-13-2009, 10:28 AM   #16
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Nice, steering wheel controls make me so hella jealous!!
Old 09-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #17
Resident Canuck
HwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to all

HwyRogue's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from north of the border, too! Nice truck! ..you can still do the cheap mods like blacking out the emblem and decals

I'm lucky like you with a supportive wife as well... else I wouldn't have gotten the truck.. or the arctic bull bar ... the tires/rims and lift have to wait until next year for me, too - but oh well, I got the truck I wanted, so I can wait a bit longer for that, eh?
Old 09-13-2009, 11:08 AM   #18
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new truck,it's a beauty!
Old 09-13-2009, 11:10 AM   #20
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, now order a color matched grille, bumper, and sport hood...