LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Chrome or Black?? Bull Guard or Full Brush Guard??

View Poll Results: Brush Guard, Bull Bar, Chrome, or Black
Brush Guard 19 44.19%
Bull Bar 18 41.86%
Chrome 5 11.63%
Black 30 69.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
HottyToddy will become famous soon enough
HottyToddy's Tacoma Gallery
Chrome or Black?? Bull Guard or Full Brush Guard??

Hey guys I recently purchased a 2009 double cab Tacoma that is painted in Barcelona Red Metallic. I am trying to decide whether or not to buy a full brush guard or a bull bar for the front bumper. Also am curious which would look better black or chrome..?? Would like to hear suggestions or see pictures if possible...
Old 09-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
me personally....i like black accessories better than chrome, but thats just me. it really depends on what you like, and what other accessories you plan on getting. as far as bull bar or brush guard......brush guard all the way. i had a bull bar on the 06 i had, and i get real tired of it real quick.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:37 PM   #4
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Black. Don't get a bull bar though. They don't look very visually appealing. Brush guards are pretty cool.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:45 PM   #5
Blacoma has a spectacular aura aboutBlacoma has a spectacular aura about

Blacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Black bull bar.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
JayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to behold
JayAre's Tacoma Gallery
I vote black brush guard. Specifically, I like the Warn Trans4mer. It's your truck though, look around the forum and find what you like best.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:10 PM   #7
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
black bull

Old 09-13-2009, 07:35 PM   #8
Resident Canuck
HwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to all

HwyRogue's Tacoma Gallery
IMHO - Red / Black definitely looks a LOT better than Red / Chrome... I like a dark contrast (ergo my Silver / Black theme) than the chrome... if my wife would let me darken the chrome on my Acura, I'd be all over that.. but she won't let me (yet )

Now.. you leave it wide open.. bull bar or brush guard.. WHICH bull bar or brush guard are you thinking about?
Old 09-13-2009, 08:13 PM   #9
Thanks guys keep the suggestions and pictures coming!! Skistoy that is a nice picture of your rig and i like that bull bar I haven't seen one like it before. I am looking at the Westin Sportsman and Aries Brush Guard. Not sure about the bull bar.. curious to see what all is out there.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:18 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
here is my truck...........silver/black theme..........the only way to go(for me anyway)..

Old 09-14-2009, 04:11 PM   #11
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
I think black will look best with your red truck.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:24 PM   #12
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Will be putting a black Aries bull bar on my mag gray Sport tomorrow. So black bull bar is my vote.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:36 PM   #13
thanks guys for your thoughts...yea i have always like the red and black combination.. anyone out there already have aries bull or brush guard installed on new tacoma??
Old 09-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #14
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
i voted black brushguard. protects your headlight and grille more. plus you do not have to worry about the black as much as chrome
Old 09-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #15
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I have a similar color, IRP, and black on red definitely looks better, IMO. That's what I'm doing.

However, I'm voting for none of the above because I don't like bull or brush guards.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:48 PM   #17
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
I have to be different. I voted for chrome/stainless bull bar. However, it really depends on what else you plan to do to the truck. Keep the long-term target in mind. My bull bar is a bit different then the Aries/Westin you see everywhere.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:02 PM   #18
4U_2_NV is on a distinguished road
Name: Adam
4U_2_NV's Tacoma Gallery
hey where did u get that bull bar rhoppas? it looks awsome love it
Old 10-07-2009, 07:11 PM   #19
t-com09 is on a distinguished road

t-com09's Tacoma Gallery
black bullbar
Old 01-27-2010, 04:09 PM   #20
2001tacoma4life
2001tacoma4life is on a distinguished road