Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Please help with loan asap

Old 09-14-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
Turb0wned will become famous soon enough
Name: Joel
Turb0wned's Tacoma Gallery
Please help with loan asap

Some of u read my post saying that im am going to buy my dads truck. Im trying to figure out the best place for me to apply for a loan. I would like some ideas of where to applt. Since i have another car loan out right now ( my girlfriends lexus is in my name) my dad will be cosigning and he has an 800 credit score so i shouldnt have a problem getting on right???? Thanks.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:42 AM   #2
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Go to his bank or try a credit union.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:43 AM   #3
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTacOma View Post
Go to his bank or try a credit union.
x2!
Old 09-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Credit Union or USAA (banking is not restricted, open to all). Shop around for the best interest rate.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:51 AM   #6
Thanks guys im going to be trying it this week. Ill keep you posted.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:08 AM   #7
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
Mod, we need this thread relocated please. Thanks!!
Old 09-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #8
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That's your suggestion? No help, just a reach around to tell him he is in the wrong thread without actually telling him he is in the wrong thread.

Let someone else do the heavy? Didn't seem to bother all those before you.

It probably would of been better to suggest it to the OP yourself AFTER you put in some help for the original question.

Like this...." I might suggest the same as the others who posted ahead of me, yes a credit union is a great place to start if you need to establish credit of your own" On a side note, The Off-Topic Discussion Forum would be a better place for this question to be asked.

Easy Squeezy Cheesy ...
Old 09-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #9
Sorry for posting in the wrong place, I was doing it quickly and from my iphone.. TicTacoma, I have 4 and a half years of credit with no late payments what so ever. To the credit companies that isn't much but its also not my first car loan. The real reason for me going with my dad as a cosigner is that I still have that car loan out that my girlfriend pays for but there going to see it as, he doesn't make enough money to pay for both... So with my dads score and long perfect history and 4k down-payment I feel is the only way they will give it to me... Still you suggest credit union correct? Im just waiting till about Wednesday because I payed off a loan that I had out and my new statement comes out tomorrow. Im hoping it will show up on my credit report to get the lower interest rate.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #10
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
another vote for credit union
x2!
Old 09-14-2009, 12:53 PM   #11
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
Quote:
That's your suggestion? No help, just a reach around to tell him he is in the wrong thread without actually telling him he is in the wrong thread.

Let someone else do the heavy? Didn't seem to bother all those before you.

It probably would of been better to suggest it to the OP yourself AFTER you put in some help for the original question.

Like this...." I might suggest the same as the others who posted ahead of me, yes a credit union is a great place to start if you need to establish credit of your own" On a side note, The Off-Topic Discussion Forum would be a better place for this question to be asked.

Easy Squeezy Cheesy ...
I don't get what we are trying to help him with? He said he already has a loan with his woman's Lexus. Shop around for the best rate (bank, credit union, loan shark....whatever), apply for loan, get approved, sign papers, drive truck. Just saying......
Old 09-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #12

Did you ever think that any answer to any question does not just help the one asking the question? There are others who are in a similar situation (any situation) that wait in the back ground for answers to their unasked questions. The whole point of these forums, posts, threads is to put out what you know or think you know and let them decipher for themselves.

He answered part of his own question but left it up to others to share an opinion or experience.

Geeeesh!!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #13
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did you ever think that any answer to any question does not just help the one asking the question? There are others who are in a similar situation (any situation) that wait in the back ground for answers to their unasked questions. The whole point of these forums, posts, threads is to put out what you know or think you know and let them decipher for themselves.

He answered part of his own question but left it up to others to share an opinion or experience.

Geeeesh!!!!
Woah!! Easy Tiger.^^ Sorry if I sounded like a jerk. The thread still needs to go into another forum, not the 2nd Gen forum. This was a general loan question. Maybe move the thread to Off Topic (I don't think TW has a finance forum). Just trying to keep the forum somewhat organized.

To the OP, I would just call around first. Talk to a few loan people at the banks and credit unions in your area. Ask them questions on how they service there loans (i.e. in-house). What kind of penalties if you are late with a payment? Can you setup auto-payment and if so is there a service charge? Look for rates and Bankrate.com. Hope that is a bit more helpful.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:29 PM   #15
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

cjimenRR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cjimenRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyperx View Post
Woah!! Easy Tiger.^^ Sorry if I sounded like a jerk. The thread still needs to go into another forum, not the 2nd Gen forum. This was a general loan question. Maybe move the thread to Off Topic (I don't think TW has a finance forum). Just trying to keep the forum somewhat organized.
I would like to thank you for trying to keep clutter to a minimum, I've been on this forum for a short period of time but geez louise do we have repeat post, wrong sections, and what not. I'm not trying to bash TW but it should could use a clean up.

To the OP, if you already have a loan under your name you should know how this works and what is required for a car loan. Even if your dad has a 800 score nowadays loan companies look hard at your debt to income ratio and base your interest rate on that. Do your homework so that you have enough info on your own personal credit and can gauge what kind of interest rate you might get
Old 09-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #16
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Credit union.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #17
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I vote for check around. Secondly, what were you thinking taking out a loan in your name to buy a Lexus for a girlfriend? Thirdly, where's that Chris4x4? Is he sleeping on the job already? I knew his promotion was a mistake.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:54 PM   #18
stang88 is on a distinguished road
stang88's Tacoma Gallery
deff use a credit union.

my tacoma is thru toyota .... i have a bonneville in my name too... when i bought my 09 zx10r sportbike i used a credit union insead of kawasaki... the credit union had the best rate...

tacoma 2.2%
bonnevile 1.4%
zx10r thru kawasaki was 11%
zx10r thru credit union 4.75%

and i only have a high 600 score.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:59 PM   #19
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
my tacoma is thru toyota .... i have a bonneville in my name too... when i bought my 09 zx10r sportbike i used a credit union insead of kawasaki... the credit union had the best rate...
That is normal with motorcycle manufacturers due to the higher risk of ownership. If you want to buy a sport bike definitely look for other financial avenues. My wife and I have outstanding credit and 7.9% was the best Suzuki could do when I bought my TLR.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:28 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
I vote for check around. Secondly, what were you thinking taking out a loan in your name to buy a Lexus for a girlfriend? Thirdly, where's that Chris4x4? Is he sleeping on the job already? I knew his promotion was a mistake.
She had no credit at the time and with the down payment she put she owes less thab the car is worth so if something were to happen i would be fine. Im going to go ahead and look around at rates like mentioned by many.