Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Access Cab Roof Rack

Old 09-15-2009, 05:46 AM   #1
tanktodd has a spectacular aura abouttanktodd has a spectacular aura about

Name: Todd
tanktodd's Tacoma Gallery
Access Cab Roof Rack

Has anyone seen or put a nissan roof rack on a Tacoma access cab. I like the oem from toyota but its only for double cab. I really like the nissan rack and was wondering what everyone thought.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:18 AM   #2
nermalgod is a jewel in the roughnermalgod is a jewel in the roughnermalgod is a jewel in the rough
nermalgod's Tacoma Gallery
The sheet metal is pretty thin on the roof, and using the Nissan rack, that's all you would have to attach it to. I would imagine any load would depress the rack into the roof probably denting it.

I did a custom install of Yakima tracks on my cab. It spread the load over the entire roof span. I still worry about it because as I brake, I hear the roof flex when the mass of the load shifts forward. When I eventually sound deaden the cab, I will be reinforcing the roof with angle iron.

But if you are doing it just for looks, why not add a spoiler?