Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

09 maintenance required light

Old 09-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #1
jiles111 has a spectacular aura aboutjiles111 has a spectacular aura aboutjiles111 has a spectacular aura about

jiles111's Tacoma Gallery
09 maintenance required light

I was wondering if this is normal and I just never noticed it before, or if this means something else.
My maintenance required light flashes 6 times after everytime I start it. It stops flashing about 4 seconds AFTER all the other lights turn off. I did the Oil change reset procedure, but it is still flashing when I start up the truck. It never stays on while I am driving. Is this normal?

I noticed this after the dealer closed for the day so I cannot call them till in the morning if there is something up.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #2
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
try doing the oil change reset procedure again. maybe you didnt do it right.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatHLC128 View Post
try doing the oil change reset procedure again. maybe you didnt do it right.
x2

1. Turn the ignition key to the "OFF" position with the odometer reading shown

2. Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position while holding down the trip meter knob.

3. Hold the knob for at least 5 seconds. The odometer indicates "000000" and the light goes off.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
Menametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud of

Navy: ET1(SW/AW), Recruiter @ NRS TriBeCa (NYC)
Menametony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Menametony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
x2

1. Turn the ignition key to the "OFF" position with the odometer reading shown

2. Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position while holding down the trip meter knob.

3. Hold the knob for at least 5 seconds. The odometer indicates "000000" and the light goes off.
you dont really have to count.. the speedometer counts down for you with dash marks =D i did this like 2 days ago
Old 09-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #5
DellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dell
DellGSG5's Tacoma Gallery
Mine start doing the same thing, I guest its time for change oil, the ODO is almost in 5000ml.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #6
Who what now?!
Hi_FIRE_08 is a name known to allHi_FIRE_08 is a name known to allHi_FIRE_08 is a name known to allHi_FIRE_08 is a name known to allHi_FIRE_08 is a name known to allHi_FIRE_08 is a name known to all
Hi_FIRE_08's Tacoma Gallery
If the reset still does not fix the problem then you can also try check the valve stems on your tires, if I'm not mistaken there are sensors that'll let you know if there's a leak.. correct me if I'm wrong..
Old 09-15-2009, 05:20 PM   #7
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiles111 View Post
I was wondering if this is normal and I just never noticed it before, or if this means something else.
My maintenance required light flashes 6 times after everytime I start it. It stops flashing about 4 seconds AFTER all the other lights turn off. I did the Oil change reset procedure, but it is still flashing when I start up the truck. It never stays on while I am driving. Is this normal?

I noticed this after the dealer closed for the day so I cannot call them till in the morning if there is something up.

Hahaha, This just happened to me like an hour ago. That's ironic.

It worked for me first time. I got kind of excited when I saw 00000 miles on the odometer.

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions other than try it again.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:25 PM   #8
MatteTaco will become famous soon enough
Name: Jon
MatteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi_FIRE_08 View Post
If the reset still does not fix the problem then you can also try check the valve stems on your tires, if I'm not mistaken there are sensors that'll let you know if there's a leak.. correct me if I'm wrong..
Those are two different lights, maintence required is strictly for oil change reminder.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #9
Who what now?!
Hi_FIRE_08 is a name known to allHi_FIRE_08 is a name known to allHi_FIRE_08 is a name known to allHi_FIRE_08 is a name known to allHi_FIRE_08 is a name known to allHi_FIRE_08 is a name known to all
Hi_FIRE_08's Tacoma Gallery
Oh ok disregard my post.. Haha
Old 09-15-2009, 06:38 PM   #10
TL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to behold
TL697's Tacoma Gallery
The flash w/o staying on happens within 500 miles of required service... It stays on when you reach the maint interval...
Old 09-16-2009, 11:13 AM   #11
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
i say wait till it completely turs on and then reset it .... unless you have changed the oil already ...
Old 09-16-2009, 09:44 PM   #12
jiles111 has a spectacular aura aboutjiles111 has a spectacular aura aboutjiles111 has a spectacular aura about

jiles111's Tacoma Gallery
Yea the oil was changed about a thousand miles ago. I re-reset it and it fixed it.