Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cargo Divider - Alternative Options?

Old 09-16-2009, 05:05 AM   #1
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Cargo Divider - Alternative Options?

I'm going to stop by the dealer I bought my truck from today to wrap up some paperwork and possibly pick up a cargo divider. I need something to keep a motorcycle stand and oil drain pan from sliding around in the truck bed. I'm probably looking at around $250 for this thing at the dealer. Are there any homemade/cheaper alternatives? From what I'm reading on here it sounds like the Toyota product is high quality and worth the price but for what it does I'd go for a cheaper option if its available.

-Thanks!
Old 09-16-2009, 05:15 AM   #2
sriley727 will become famous soon enoughsriley727 will become famous soon enough

sriley727's Tacoma Gallery
I've been using a $25 bar from JC Whitney and it holds a full cooler in place with no problem.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #3
raskal is on a distinguished road
raskal's Tacoma Gallery
I use a cargo bar similar to this

... well there *was* a pic here... oh well... use google for "cargo bar"
Old 09-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks both for your replies! I have just one question - can these bars be placed at any height on the bed or do they fit only into the bed rails? My bike stand is taller than the bed so thats no problem, but my oil pan is only 4 or 5" tall. If the bar can be put in the bed a few inches above the floor then it would keep the oil pan from sliding too. The Toyota cargo divider looks like it goes from the floor to the top of the bed.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
raskal is on a distinguished road
raskal's Tacoma Gallery
the bar can be placed at any height,... well as far down as it's feet allow

It would be fine for the oil pan.

I should add that the bar works by pushing on both bed sides (friction fit) so it's doesn't use the bed rails in any way
Old 09-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
Amos will become famous soon enough

Name: Daniel
Amos's Tacoma Gallery
My dealer was charging $300 + tax and I found it from a dealer in WI shipped for $250. I would highly recommend it. I put two mountain bike fork mounts on the top of it and it works great for taking bikes anywhere. It is actually a lot more sturdy than I thought it was going to be.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...o-divider.html
Old 09-16-2009, 07:53 PM   #7
Married With Children
pokeng will become famous soon enoughpokeng will become famous soon enough

pokeng's Tacoma Gallery
I've been considering one of these...

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...=5&item=335881
Old 09-17-2009, 05:05 AM   #8
Amos will become famous soon enough

Name: Daniel
Amos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeng View Post
I've been considering one of these...

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...=5&item=335881
I would just save up and get the OEM one, it is worth the money.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:10 AM   #9
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I have that loading zone one. My Girlfriend bought it for me for a birthday gift (so I have to use it). It's not horrible, does what is intended. It's a bit of a hassle getting it on and off. It works but yeah I think OEM might be worth the extra money simply due to the hassle factor
Old 09-17-2009, 07:03 AM   #10
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Toyota one. It's worked great so far. Got it for around $240 shipped on ebay from a Toyota dealer.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:29 AM   #11
otter is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
otter's Tacoma Gallery
Harbor Freight sells cargo bars for $15 each. A couple of those, plus a cheap rubber bedmat, and nothing moves around in my Taco's bed. $80 invested. I wouldn't even consider the OEM one unless you're obsessed with having OEM accessories.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=66172
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DZZ-86964/