Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Q: When attaching grill inserts...

Old 09-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
Tebow Apologist
Bobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobcat's Tacoma Gallery
Q: When attaching grill inserts...

Some inserts require cutting and drilling. I am working on making my own and wondering how some of these are attached. What is cut and drilled and how are they attached. For example, on a billet?

I would like several examples if possible if there are a couple ways.

I do know about the Satoshi and Jamoshi so nothing needed on that front.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #2
" The Master Ninja"
Death_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeath_Stalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Talha
Death_Stalker's Tacoma Gallery
search for satoshi jamoshi also go in mods there are writ ups on that
Old 09-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
Tebow Apologist
Bobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobcat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
On the billet grille the whole inside gets removed, you cut off all the plastic. Basically you have a big hole. My grille attached with 4 screws with brackets, very very easy install.
The hardest part was doing the cutting and sanding those areas down. Make sure to mask (tape) off the chrome, or painted areas (depending on grill shell).
Interesting, I am kind of surprised that the billets require cutting out of the inside, I would have thought they just go over, but then again there isn't much room.

Any other people have different ways an aftermarket grill insert is attached?