1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota 3-fold hard tonneau cover

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by Fitzy, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Sep 16, 2009 at 5:01 PM
    Fitzy

Fitzy [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD + Leather
    Anybody out there have one of these? can you confirm that it locks? I am assuming that when the cover is locked, that you can still get the tailgate open, is that true? if true, what are the options for somebody that wants a locking tailgate?

Thanks folks

2. Sep 16, 2009 at 6:33 PM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    Pop & lock now makes a tailgate lock for 09-10 trucks with backup camera do a search lots of threads on this topic. The search button is your friend always search before asking if you can.

3. Sep 16, 2009 at 7:02 PM
    Fitzy

Fitzy [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD + Leather
    thanks for the suggestion

4. Sep 16, 2009 at 7:50 PM
    Fitzy

Fitzy [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD + Leather
    so i have been reading through the threads and I can't seem to determine whether or not there is a MANUAL lock available, that will work with the back-up camera? As many have stated, i don't want to be stuck in a situation where the electric mechanism fails and i can't get in the truck... anybody know if there's a manual lock that works with the camera??

thanks guys

5. Sep 17, 2009 at 5:54 AM
    paidfor

paidfor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD OR 4x4
    Hidden GPS tracking system. Backflip cover, weather techs, bed mat, tailgate lock, OME 885 springs, blistein shocks, 2.5 in AAL/
    I have the fold a cover brand. Once it is completely closed and locked, the tailgate is locked also. That is because there is a hook thing that is mounted on the tailgate that locks to the cover. Unlock the cover and flip it forward and the tailgate is unlocked. Close it and it locks the tailgate.

Other than this tailgate lock which is mounted to the cover assm., you have to buy the locking tailgate type lock as mentioned above.

6. Sep 17, 2009 at 7:28 AM
    jaroyota

jaroyota Member

Member:
    SeVA
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner Rugged Trail
    Grille emblem painted black, Sirius radio, OEM door sills, OEM bed mat, debadged, In Channel Vent Visors, MOERSE LEKKER lock/unlock chirp, disabled seatbelt warning,Hunter bumper guard, modified factory skidplate, BakFlip G2, AFE Cold Air Intake, shorty antenna, custom SockMonkey decal, Pop-n-Lock, Eagle Eye headlights...
    Have the BakFlip G2 with a Pop and Lock tailgate lock. With the tailgate shut and locked, there's no way to open the cover.

7. Sep 17, 2009 at 9:05 AM
    ranger04

ranger04 Senior Member

Member:
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD
    Pop and Lock model PL5300 is for the 09 and up Tacoma with backup camera - if you can find one.

8. Jun 28, 2010 at 12:54 PM
    bigred_d

bigred_d Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    10 DC V6 TRD
    For Canada there is a hard folding tonneau cover, but the Canadian Toyota website doesn't show much except a small picture. I just had the dealer fax me the installation instructions and right on the front page it shows "Solid Fold", so the Canadian version is an Extang cover. The instructions look identical from the Extang site.

EDIT: The instructions are EXACTLY identical with the "Extang" info removed.

;D

9. Jun 28, 2010 at 2:48 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I have the Fold A Cover G4 and the Pop And Lock 5300 (Manual, not electric). The 5300 works just fine with the backup camera, it's easy to install. It took about 30 minutes total. It works really well with the Fold a Cover also. You can install the Fold A Cover without the Pop And Lock, it just means installing a "handle" on the tailgate that the cover slips into to prevent the tailgate from opening but I didn't want to drill holes in my tailgate and I wanted to be able to open the tailgate without having to open the cover. Check out TruckAlterations on this site, good prices and great to deal with for all the pieces needed.

10. Jun 28, 2010 at 7:15 PM
    wmb67

wmb67 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    09 Dbl Cab Off Road MGM
    Could you post some photos?
    thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top