Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

my build... what to do next?

Old 09-16-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
the fresh prince
toyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to behold
Name: Aaron
toyotacoinwa's Tacoma Gallery
my build... what to do next?

so i got my taco in 08 and so far i have done the following.
  • 3in lift
  • 20in rims and radial wild country tires
  • redid the tint.. 5% in back and 15% in front
  • smoked taillights and 3rd brake light
  • debadged my truck...
  • tried to paint grill and then tried to do satoshi
and thats all i can think of..

i am not planning on dropping a few thousands to make it a show truck but what are other cheap and simple mods i should do. I have been thinking about an exhaust, and maybe a sound system.

before

now
*notice grill*

clean wash

late nights out

up on the hill
Old 09-16-2009, 05:18 PM   #2
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man! now do the bhlm
Old 09-16-2009, 05:30 PM   #3
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
looks good bro. I agree on the BHLM. Are you going to attempt to finish the satoshi, or whats the plan with that? I would take some different angle shots too, just an opinion on the "show" factor.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
the fresh prince
toyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to beholdtoyotacoinwa is a splendid one to behold
i go to high school and also work and just got a check for $200. i dont know if i should get the bhlm, or get an exhaust, or get a new grille, or get 10k hid lights. what do you think of the satoshi. i did a really bad job at first so i decided to do the satoshi.. it really bothers me but it doesnt look to bad from far away. should i just paint it all black or what.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:47 PM   #5
taco06 will become famous soon enough
Name: Alejandro V
taco06's Tacoma Gallery
Best mod : finish paying it, then the truck can actualy be yours
Old 09-16-2009, 06:04 PM   #6
anomalous is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
anomalous's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good brother... I think the BHLM looks badass on white and its cheap.

Personally I love the Allpro bumpers but there not exactly cheap haha
Old 09-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #8
the fresh prince
yeah i really want the lights that hugmynuts has... does anyone else have any suggestions???
Old 09-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #9
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
yup, do it.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ights-how.html
Old 09-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #10
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
finish the satoshi...the hardest part is painting andthe most time consuming is sanding, its not hard. Do you have a powered finish sander? If not you're gonna need it. Don't be afraid of the bondo and fiberglass; its really easy, messy, but easy.

I finished mine, but I'm thinking of having it professionally painted because the painting is good but not perfect.

You need a fiberglass repair kit (autozone) and bondo.... to fill in those holes where the center piece was

-finish sander - I used the Black and Decker Mouse...

Man, if I still lived in WA I would help you out, cause that looks bad but... keep trying. It took about 15 hrs to complete the satoshi.

Notice how the sides are smooth, thats what it looks like after you fill it in with the fiberglass kit, and bondo to make it flush

Heres the end result

Old 09-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #11
sdel82 is on a distinguished road
sdel82's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco06 View Post

x2
Old 09-16-2009, 07:44 PM   #12
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco06 View Post
wish i had the will power to do that lol