Notices

New Sub box built for Taco!!

Old 09-18-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
Habitual line-stepper
elevin is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
elevin's Tacoma Gallery
New Sub box built for Taco!!

I almost finished building this sub box for my access cab....it is a variation on an existing design in that on the passenger side, the edge is flush with the driveshaft tunnel. This allows for full slide back and reclining of that seat. The other side comes about 4" behind the driver's seat and has a longer foot on that side. I am short so it doesn't matter as much, but still allows another 4-5 inches back...a 6- ft guy should still be able to drive my truck, and the drivers seat still reclines a lot! I am going to recycle a kicker CVX 10" and Rockford Fosgate 300 watt amp from my Corolla on this....only thing that sucks is I will only be able to run at 8 ohms as they are dual voice coil (4 ohms per coil). I had 2 running in series/parallel before giving me total load of 4 ohms where that high current amp made the most power-- I still have to make the speaker baffle and turret the bottom feet so it can breate, plus carpet it, but the worst is behind me...here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails
New Sub box built for Taco!!-taco-box-1.jpg   New Sub box built for Taco!!-taco-box-2.jpg   New Sub box built for Taco!!-taco-box-3.jpg